Knot Position On A Small Hair Jig For Bass

Pup

Thought that this video tip might be useful to those who want to learn or improve upon their technique of fishing small hair jigs for cold-water bass.

BIB Tidbits: Sissy Jigging Line Ties

Brian, the Author, mentions in the comments section that there will be more videos to come.

blt

If his point is to keep a more horizontal presentation, that would be right for a straight drop. If you cast out and have the knot tight and where he showed it, when you actually start to jig, be it slow or fast, would it not yank the jig into a non horizontal position from the angle of the cast? Just a question, because maybe I'm missing something. I don't have near as many years as a lot of you guys, so I am just trying to use logic.

I have seen an underwater video of this before supporting the use of a loop knot of some sort so the jig can make a natural presentation at any angle you cast/drop from.
99% of the time, I use a Perfection loop knot for jigs.

Fatman

Very informative - and gives one a lot to think about. I've always used a Palomar or Clinch knot and had plenty of action and gave me a good presentation.

But again that gives me alot to think about.

Back