Kansas Walleye Spawn

eyecrosser

A couple pics from walleye spawn in Kansas. That female was 26 1/4" long. Several long nights but plenty of fresh filets:) I told my wife that 2nd photo looked photoshopped. Swear it's not. She says must have been the lighting. I know this is mainly a jig site but caught most of my walleye thus far on NO.11 Rapala shallow divers in Perch, Firetiger, and Black/Silver side. A couple fell to 1/8 oz. bucktail in purple/chart. w/ a purple head.

Attachments

• fish a 4-20-13.JPG
    fish a 4-20-13.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 85
  • Rob 4-05-13ab.JPG
    Rob 4-05-13ab.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 85

redman

A lot of good eating there. A little butter some fresh garlic and parsley pan fry with some buttered toast and a bit of white wine on the side. Now thats what I am talking about. The fried liver on the buttered toast goes great together.

Redman

toadfrog

dang son there's walleye here in these waters but not like that . Id prolly crap my drawers if I hung that bigg'un.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those are some sows. What kind of area are you fishing.....lakes or river? Boat or shoreline?

Wanting to get out to a local reservoir soon and catch at least ONE like what you have there.

eyecrosser

AtticaFish said:
Those are some sows. What kind of area are you fishing.....lakes or river? Boat or shoreline?

Wanting to get out to a local reservoir soon and catch at least ONE like what you have there.

Fishing the shore of Milford Lake dam. From shore, wading and casting jigs and Rapalas(no.11) along the shoreline. Start about 45 minutes before sunset. til about midnight. There are guys that do well out of boats also both day and night. Daytime fishing just a little deeper; usually off of 1st break. WAves help tremendously and bring the fish shallower. They also seem a bit more aggressive with a wind both day and night. Firetiger, perch and original black back/silver sides been the ticket.

eyecrosser

Thanks to all on your replies. Caught enough for several dinners and a couple bags for the freezer. Saving the cheeks for something special.

eyecrosser

toadfrog said:
dang son there's walleye here in these waters but not like that . Id prolly crap my drawers if I hung that bigg'un.

I've read in the past that you have several lakes that are Saugeye factories down in Oklahoma. Same techniques should apply there. I try to begin fishing for them when water temp. is around 42 degrees. They seem to really get going between 45-47 degrees but the chance of hanging a real hog is early when the females are still feeding.

Back