June bug

hhawkins

I have a person wanting me to tye 10 jigs for him, 1/4 oz and 1/8 oz jig heads. Easy to get but he is wanting the june bug color and unfortunitly I haven't gotten all things I need to powder paint with (heating gun and or embossing). So, can anybody paint me up the june bug color in the sizes I need? Please! :blush: Thank You! :D

hhawkins

Ledhead you are a wonderful person! Round head would be O.K., I was tossing the idea of maybe a minnow head. Collar or no collar doesn't matter, maybe no collar would be better, and hook size I'm not sure, the 1/8 oz and 1/4 are for catch bass many, but some crappie too. What do I you?

Hawnjigs

KISS
I've never powder painted myself, but my paint guy has done hundreds of excellent paint jobs for me using a candle to pre-heat the heads.

Myself, I would choose a #2 hook for 1/8 and 1/4 multi species jigs including crappie & smallmouth bass. Leg(distance between hook eye and elbow bend) lengths differ between brands & batches of hooks, and a 1/4 oz. fit might require a long leg #2 jig hook.

HH, if I suggest solutions to your questions, like your salt water jigs, that usually means I can make them so feel free to contact me if you need a few - always willing to share.

LedHed

Sponsor
HH
You might want to take up ccj on his offer - he's got them poured. Also, the walleye jig might be more effective for your target species.

ccj
Who's junebug paint are you using?

cadman

HH,
I also have that color along with about 30 different styles of heads. I make mostly bass jigs.

crappiecripplerjigs

Led I have the Pro Tec junebug. I've noticed different heating methods turn out different colors with this particular paint. Heat gun looks real good. Flame makes it too dark for my liking.

toadfrog

Harbor Freight has a really good heat gun for around 16.00 I prefer the heat gun but Janns netcraft sells an alcohol burner that I have for emergency use. Like camping fishing trips.

hhawkins

Toadfrog, be proud of me but, I'm slowly getting my stuff together. I did a horse trade, 10 jigs for one toaster oven. I haven't made it to home depot to check out the heat gun and the closest Habor freight is about an hour and a half from here. But I will. :D

Pup

If I were interested in purchasing another heat gun, I'd just order from Harbor Freight online. The shipping cost vs. your time and gas money spent to travel there may be about the same. But, of course, if shipping is less... :)

This is the one I own: HF Heat Gun .

I like that its low setting temperature averages about 572 degrees F which is below the melting point of lead (about 621 deg. F). It's cheaply-priced too. :D

Back