joe

joe

Registered quite some time ago after a pm on RS from AtticaFish, new machine and up-to-date software makes this forum quite nice for me now. Everything seems to work as it should on my end.

Indiana guy, pits and creeks, occasionally rivers for just about anything that swims and eats and build most of my own tackle. Lifelong love of the jig in various forms and varieties, swum or suspended, bait tipped or bare.

Nice to be here amongst the fanatics. I'll probably use this thread to figure out forum functions like pic posting and such, so if you see weird stuff it's part of my arduous internet learning process.

Kdog

Welcome from SW Ohio. Gotta love the variety of fishing opportunities this area has to offer.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
You are right, there sure are some fanatics here! :p Welcome to the site and glad to see you posting.

joe

Thanks for the welcome! Been browsing through the forums and there's a lot of reading here, pretty diverse in approaches as well. Nice to see vise folk drawing from all arenas of the pastime, I find a lot of crossover with spinning and flyfishing in my own angling and have reaped much fun and reward out of the blending. Although many "flyfishable" ties work decently on flytackle, these ideas can come into another realm with the additional weights possible on spinning tackle. Noticed this especially with modern synthetics and bulkier materials where the slightly heavier jig weights used really show the action potential underwater.

From what I've seen, it has been noticed by quite a few others here.

Hawnjigs

KISS
There's also the aspect of KISS jig construction - I dabble(d) in jig artistry with multiple colors & types of fur, different flash accents, different sizes and platings of propellers, and despite the bling got soundly schooled by "Montero Mike" throwing bare bones white bou on a blind white ball head getting a walleye limit to my none.

duffy

Welcome Joe!
Like you I was interested in dressing up a jig with a bit more than just a worm.(which still works well!) But with some of our lakes going to barbless and no bait I was trying to figure out ways to combine the fly tactics with a jig and that led me to this forum. Lot's of info here for sure.

Back