JigCraft.com Gallery

JigCraft

Administrator
Staff member
Just finished setting up an image gallery to be able to post your pictures by category, look in the upper right area of the page - JigCraft.com Gallery.

I NEED YOUR HELP in coming up with categories to set-up. Want to hear your thoughts before i start throwing categories up there... Thanks!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the input DC. Was thinking this would be for pics of jigs/flies/tackle that members make. Think it would be nice to have the gallery to browse through to find something you might want to make yourself. Yes, you will be able to leave a description and make comments for what is posted... but still not sure of all the details of how it works - kinda new to me.

I was on the fence if the categories should be broke down into what fish they are targeting or what the general pattern/type is you are trying to copy. Thought about a size breakdown, but that list would be endless. I can add/delete categories as we go, but want a base to start from. Again, thanks for the input!

Ron Don

Future Sponsor
I would think a cat. for the fish targeted. Then might could have subcats. for the general material used: hair, feather, rubber/silicone, combo... It would help keep it organized but like you say the possibilities could be endless.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I made up a bunch of categories tonight, just have to see if they get used over time. Need to post some stuff in there to see how it looks. Gonna post some older pics a few of you have probably seen before.....

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
For the showcase on the home site... i do plan to keep thumbnails with links to each of the previous ones that get up there. I will just make the "wall of fame" on the main showcase page... its in my head, kinda hard to explain, but it will come together after we get a few more up there. ;) Thinking of doing it monthly.

The gallery - Not sure if i can set it up to show new additions. It is not quite the way i thought it would look. Will have to do for a while till i can come up with a different way to do it or find a better add-on.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks DC, forgot about the site pages - I redirected the link (still not to any updated stuff yet) and am going to do the gallery the hard way for now. Time to organize what has been posted so far......

LRB

AtticaFish said:
Thanks DC, forgot about the site pages - I redirected the link (still not to any updated stuff yet) and am going to do the gallery the hard way for now. Time to organize what has been posted so far......

How about a catagory for ..The " Out Of The Box " Jigs...:D

ML~~

Back