Jig Swap History

Kdog

Nursing a very messed up knee ATM and am bored beyond tears. So decided to look at Jig Swap History (very interesting to read thru and look at all the pics). I compiled some simple statistics that some may find interesting.

To Date:
-We have had 24 Jig Swaps.

-Currently #24 is in process (finish jigs and mail) and #25 is open for signup. Link
gives details http://www.jigcraft.com/jigcraft/showthread.php?tid=8078

-A total of 68 members have participated in Swaps, many more than one and 23 only 1 swap. By my read this means we have 45 active participants (WTGGG) Way To Go Guys and Gals.

- AtticaFish has participated in 23 swaps, LedHed has participated in 17, StumpHunter has been in 16, PapaPerch 13, RadTexan 10.

- All remaining Participants are less than 10 but several are close.

- Average Swap is 12 Participants. Largest has been 19 and Smallest has been 8.

Jigs Swaps are fun and a great way to learn new things and get some great examples of different jigs.

Kdog

JigMan, thank you. Too old to play Soccer with 19 - 22 YO nephews. I should know better but its only a little pain.

hookup

I participated in about 3 or 4 of them and noticed what I tie is nothing like the rest of the participants.

I figure its because I primarily chase smallies in rivers. I'm sure there's crappie & other panfish opportunities around my neck of the woods, but just don't chase them.

Hope the rest of participants can use a bass jig and I enjoy seeing what others are tying for other species.

Kdog

Hookup,
I am a walleye fanatic but catch a lot of crappie while walleye fishing and can tell you from experience that they eat about anything..
Jig and crawler early, followed by Gold and Silver spoons later and fall and winter when heavy blade baits and jiggin raps are the bait of the day, we still catch some crappie. So crossover is IMO evident and yes, jigs developed specifically for crappie fishing may catch more crappie but IMO technique is where its at, you work it right, fish will bite.

Feel free to join in at anytime on any swap.

Jay Wirth

I love the differences in jigs from around the country and tied for different species. Its always fun to open the packets and compare each not only to each other but to what I tie and use in my areas. I take lots of ideas from you all...

hookup

In the exchanges that I've participated in, the jigs I see are true works of art. Between the multi-color paint jobs, the bodys & tail feathers, before I visited this board, I never thought people would be producing jigs & fish would hit them.

QPassage

hookup said:
I participated in about 3 or 4 of them and noticed what I tie is nothing like the rest of the participants.

I figure its because I primarily chase smallies in rivers. I'm sure there's crappie & other panfish opportunities around my neck of the woods, but just don't chase them.

Hope the rest of participants can use a bass jig and I enjoy seeing what others are tying for other species.

I tend to fish more for bass than gills, I've crappie fished over the years just not that much. I probably fish more for trout than anything. I really enjoy float n fly when I have the opportunity to go. This year has been a bummer for me only been out 4 times. This work thing is clearly getting in the way of fishing. I need to find my wife a better paying job! :D

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
They are fun and great way to learn from others. Get a chance to see how fancy some get and also how down right simple they can be and still catch fish. Avg. of 12 is perfect for me..... get too many more than that and i go crazy tying the same pattern. My jig box usually looks like a mess of colors and hardly ever have 2 of the 'exact' same jig at any one time.

We do have some who only tie bass jigs and they seem to stay out of the swaps since the overall membership leans more towards panfish. I would like to get a small side swap going at some time..... with purely Bass intentions.

One of these days I am going to gather all the photos from these swaps and get them up in the gallery. Have a spot for it, but only ever posted the first 4 swaps. Someday........

Kdog

Russ, it takes time.

Loooking thru the amassed data, jig swap 8 was a mystery but I think there were photos for it as well. With my knee being messed up, I may try to organize and DL them to my DropBox. Then it would be simple to put them in a gallery.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Well huh....... did not know that the entire #8 thread disappeared. That is the way it goes i guess. I do have the extra set of those jigs so can get pics of them. Can't remember for sure, but guessing that was a micro jig swap.

Might be some missing pics in the swap threads also. Sometimes the older picture posts get mixed up if members used PhotoBucket to post from. I believe if you shuffle around your library in PhotoBucket, it kills the picture link.

Back