Jig Contests???

Team Goob Gomer

Do you guys ever have jig contests where everyone submits a pic of a custom jig based on certain rules such as having to use a certain color or for a certain species of fish? I'm interested in joining the next contest if you do. let me know.

Thanks, Gomer

moswampy

we do jig swaps that incorporate size limits and colors and sometimes materials used. My contest comes on the water:D

ScottV

It's been a while, but we've had "tie ins" before. That's where someone will state a color and style jig and everyone participating will tie one and post a pic. It seems everyone is so busy these days, it's hard to get everyone together for a tie in.

papaperch

Welcome to Jigcraft: TEAM Goob Gomer : Now I am only speaking for myself not the site and certainly not for any other members. I am not into seeing who tie the best whatever and whenever. Seems to me when competing people tend to get close mouthed and secretive about new ideas and different materials.

There is loads of talent on this web site. To me the mission of the site is to make each and every one of us the best tyer we can be. I do not wish to keep any secrets from anyone here. I ask for help and give it freely. If I were in competition with everyone it would be counter productive to be sharing info.

That's my take on it. Others here might welcome competition but I would not be one of them. On the other hand I LOVE the swaps. When I host one I try to require some material or style we might not all be comfortable with. Judging by some of the feedback on these swaps I ran , some members were glad to be challenged a little.Judging by the results that I have seen in front of me they hit the ball out of the park.

I try to get in on as many as I can. Co-operation in jig tying and fishing has always worked better than competing for myself.
Others opinions and experience may differ.

upnort16

papaperch said:
Welcome to Jigcraft: TEAM Goob Gomer : Now I am only speaking for myself not the site and certainly not for any other members. I am not into seeing who tie the best whatever and whenever. Seems to me when competing people tend to get close mouthed and secretive about new ideas and different materials.

There is loads of talent on this web site. To me the mission of the site is to make each and every one of us the best tyer we can be. I do not wish to keep any secrets from anyone here. I ask for help and give it freely. If I were in competition with everyone it would be counter productive to be sharing info.

That's my take on it. Others here might welcome competition but I would not be one of them. On the other hand I LOVE the swaps. When I host one I try to require some material or style we might not all be comfortable with. Judging by some of the feedback on these swaps I ran , some members were glad to be challenged a little.Judging by the results that I have seen in front of me they hit the ball out of the park.

I try to get in on as many as I can. Co-operation in jig tying and fishing has always worked better than competing for myself.
Others opinions and experience may differ.

Very nicely said Pappaperch! The talent and Knowledge on this site IS tremendous and the willingness to help by others is seldom seen in the real world. I am enjoying learning and using what I've learned into fooling fish! Summer is rapidly approaching which means racing season so I'll be in "competition" till October. This jigcrafting hobby is a release bordering on insanity now, no need to dive off the deep end!

moswampy

Scott we should have a tie in this week! maybe on Friday evening? Have not had the pleasure of doing one

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
moswampy said:
Scott we should have a tie in this week! maybe on Friday evening? Have not had the pleasure of doing one

I'm in for friday evening unless something comes up! :beer: Calling for rain most of the week and snow this weekend..... should have just went fish tonight.

Team Goob Gomer

Trust me fellas... I'm the LEAST competetive guy around. I guess I should re-phrase myself... What I was asking is... I'd like to see everyones take on a bluegill jig design using a certain color or material. Say... orange marabou for example. NO JUDGING! Just want to see pics of what everyone comes up with is all. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. :blush:

moswampy

first attempt at a gillin jig 1/64th with some orange maribou. size 8 hook. might work well tipped with a gulp maggot.

P1030319.jpg
[/align]

moswampy

had the day off today so was able to dig around my box to find more small heads and tie some up while Blade 2 was on the TV. A little Vampire chick action and gill jigs made for a relaxing evening.

P1030327.jpg

P1030323.jpg

Back