Jeans ?

Hawnjigs

KISS
Time for some new ones,  so followed a Levis sale link to their site and noticed LOTS of negative reviews.  One post suggested "Texas Jeans" so I found this review.  Any suggestions?

[video=youtube]http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1x80T9vJ2E[/video]

duffy

I hate buying clothing mail order cause I usually end up sending it back unless it's a product I've gotten before and know how it fit's. Right now I buy Costco Kirkland brand for work jeans. $13 bucks, roomy and hold up well. Used to wear Lee's but their getting flakey with fit and finding them is more difficult. I wouldn't give Levi's a dime or the time of day anymore, they've turned into a overpriced POS many years ago.

Hawnjigs

KISS

duffy

Will be interesting to hear how those are. I must have gotten in on some of the last Kirkland jeans that weren't too bad. I did notice a color change and they seemed a little lighter but the fit was pretty much the same. I measured the thickness of the cloth to an earlier pair and it was basically the same. They can get a bit baggy at times but when you wear them for work in the dirt, grease, chemicals ect they work fine. I had some that were very heavy but in 80-100 degree weather they were miserable. Many of the other brands would either fail in the crotch or in the case of the Lee pre-washed they would split down the inseam (next to the stitching) or knee and they weren't that tight. The fabric tore like tissue paper and when I sent them back they whined and made up excuses but finally did give me another pair.

joe

Hawnjigs said:
 Any suggestions?
TSC (Tractor Supply Company) or any farm store.  Menards has some decent jeans/cargo style work pants.  

I rarely buy "jeans" anymore in the sense of Levi's and such.  Used to last years, now they suck, hence the hardware store approach to clothing.  Schmidt workwear, Wrangler/Riggs, Carhartt, etc.  

Not really a stylish guy myself, but I put clothing through some tough hurdles and spend money accordingly.  Besides, modern department store jeans are cut for dudes who like to wear them halfway down their butt like women wear hip huggers.  Pull those up to normal waist height and your b@lls are hating it.  Very uncomfortable with little mobility.  

Yeah, go with workwear jeans unless you are modeling.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Checked out TSC & Menards online, & both have storefronts in the nearest larger town. Not surprisingly, all brands of jeans are imported, and even Carhartt got the same negative reviews as others about quality seriously sliding downhill in the durability dept.

Got my Texas Jeans today, and fit and finish are impressive except for a short section of seam between zipper and crotch cross which isn't neatly serged with the normally tucked under fabric end stitched over exposed and frayed on both pair. Same with the key-coin pocket. Fit is traditional above the waist, comfortable and feels like pants could stay hitched up without a belt.

Can't test the durability right away, I'll be modeling Faded Glory blues next brush whacking till they wear out like my current vintage Levis which will be put to rest shortly.

duffy

Hey Hawn, Don't throw away your old torn up levi's. You can probably sell them on Ebay and make enough to pay for your new jeans!!!  :D :D You know there's one born every minute.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Dang, just tossed em at the laundromat. The were pretty worn after wild rose encounters, right leg was about halfway detached above the knee. Anyways, don't think I could have passed em off as ex-rock star with 26" inseams.

Back