JasonsJigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschmidt

Sadly I have had a disappointing encounter with JasonsJigs. And would like to make all potental buyers aware of the bad customer service I received. This really sucks, I have had $300 in new tying tools/materials sitting here for 2 weeks waiting on these jigs. To start what should be a fun and exciting new hobby.

Below is the sequance of events of my purchase:
(PM’s/Forum are related to another forum, not this one)

9-21: I had good email communication with JasonsJigs, and made the purchase of 204 jigs through PayPal, for a set dollar amount. I was informed the jigs would ship 9-30
10-1: I emailed JasonsJigs to check if jigs ship: with no reply
10-3: I PM him to check if the jigs ship: with no reply
10-4: 5 days after the jigs are supposed to ship, I feel the need to call JasonsJigs and I get voicemail. Later that day I get an email stating that they did not get out and will ship 10-7. I am not happy but I understand things come up. I also ask for a tracking number when they ship.
10-7: I email again: no reply
10-8: I PM again: no reply
10-9: I PM again, this time voicing my concerns. I get a PM back this time. Saying the Jigs went out Sat 10-8, but did not give me a tracking number. Because I am less confident in this purchase now, I ask for the tracking number several more time of the next couple of days. With no replies.
10-13: I have finally had enough. And contact a couple of board members/founder about JasonsJigs and board rules for posting a “Negitive Review for a Business/purchase”
After a few PMs and founder offering to help, I head of to bed.
10-14: I wake up to a email refund on my PayPal acount stating “I issued your money back due to the constant emails about the tracking number.. Also why did you send this to **** at ********.com This transaction didnt happen on there, it was by email. So when your heads show up enjoy them and your money!!! Thanks”
10-14: I send a PM stating my position and disappointment with the purchase. I send the money back, because if I am getting the jigs, I am still willing to pay for them.
10-15: I get a PM saying the jigs are remade and will ship 10-17 morning. Not sure why if they were shipped why they would have to be remade? And I also ask for who the carrier is and the tracking number after they are shipped.
10-17:No email/PM that the jigs ship. I email and PM in the evening asking for the carrier and tracking number.
10-18: I email/PM again. This time informing him that I will be posting reviews on every forum I am on. And filing a complaint through PayPal. An hour later tracking number shows up, with a message stating to shop elsewhere next time.
I check the tracking number and the package was dropped off at 2:35 PM on 10-18.
So jigs seem to be on their way. But what they look like and if my order is complete… I have little idea.

I have given JasonsJigs every chance to make good on a purchase.

toadfrog

I understand trying to make money at fishing tackle is dog eat dog sometimes . As for myself I know not to Quit my day job . No matter what happens the no.1 thing is always always be nice to the customer . You can get a thousand atta boys but one awh! shit seems to wipe them all out .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
jschmidt - Thanks for the info and review... sorry to hear all the complications. I have never purchased from him but will say that i have heard both good and bad reviews of his service in the past and conflicting statements on if he was giving up his buisness or not.

Doc Crappie: enough said....
I agree with that 100%, jschmidts original post speaks for itself.

Nightprowler

WOW! My first purchase from Pbug (jason jigs) was a few weeks ago and everything went smooth. I will consider using him in the future. He gave me his home and cell number to contact him. He kept me updated regularly and delivery was as described.
NightProwler

hunter7711

He ran a jig swap on Crappie.com a while back. He ran a good swap, only thing was he was tooooo busy to tye any jigs for it. Just kept the stuff sent him and remailed the jigs. Never heard of having a swap and not tyeing for it. It was his business then. You'd think he'd have 10 jigs just sitting around.

jschmidt

Just to be fair... I saw on crappie.com he posted today he was in a motorcycle accident. With a good amount of road rash. if he ever does see this... speedy recovery.

This is a totally acceptable reason for a delay in shipping. But one can only proccess the information they have. If he had the energy to rip me as a customer, you should also have the energy to send a email "I was in an accident, thing maybe delayed."

slipbobber

No it wasnt 2 in a year. The first wreck i had was about 3yrs on a yamaha banshee racing at a track, which almost killed me. And this wreck here was 2 wks ago the day. And was awful. If you guys need the details, I laid my bike down to keep from hitting him broadside. Instead I slide under his car alittle. Cracked my knee cap, Road rashed me elbows, my back, chest and hips. Fractured my left side of the pelvis. But Im all right now. Just starting to walk without help. But thanks guys for the concern. Enjoy one at my expense.

toadfrog

Thank goodness I've never had a problem with anybody here or other sites either . I sure hope we can sort this out and fix it . I'd hate to see Jig Craft turn into Crappie . com . I don't post there anymore.

jschmidt

Hopefully to put a bow on this thread...
Jigs arrived today. All jigs are accounted for. I honestly expected a note with some snide remark. Good on JasonsJigs for not, and moving on.
Jigs look great. there will be no filing or sanding needed.
imgp6779k.jpg

really too bad that his customer service was what it was. :-/

again... speedy recovery.

Donald@CrappieLogic

HAD THE SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME LIED CONSTANTLEY NEVER DID WHAT HE SAYS HE WAS GOING TO DO SENT ME 100 1/64 OZ WITH THE PAINT NOT CLEANED OUT OF THE EYES I REFUSE TO PAY FOR THEM HE CAN HAVE THEM BACK IF HE PAYS SHIPPING I WOULD RECOMEND U NEVER DEAL WITH THIS GUY AND THE MOTORCYCLE WRECK HE HAD I TALKED TO HIM THE DAY AFTER THE WRECK AND HE WAS SQURRILL HUNTING BUT HE TELLS ME HE COULDNT CLEAN THE EYES OUT BECAUSE HIS HAND HURT AND 4 WEEKS BEFORE I GOT THE 1/62OZ HE SAID HE MAILED THEM OFF BUT IF I DONT GET THEM DONT WORRY ABOUT IT I WILL JUST REDO THEM AND MAIL YOU ANOTHER BATCH LOL WHO DOES BUSINESS LIKE THAT JUST GIVING A 1000 JIGHEADS AWAY SOUND FAMILIAR TO THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS POST THEN HE SENDS ME A MESSAGE ON CRAPPIE.COM AND CURSES ME OUT LIKE NO ONE EVER HAS HES A TUFF GUY SO BEWARE IF U SEE THIS SLIP BOBBER OR PBUGG SEND ME $5.95 AND ILL SEND U BACK THE TRASH U SENT ME

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Think we have the general idea on this post and can all make up our own minds about if we would like to do business with this individual. Some good and bad experiences.

This board was set-up for exactly this purpose, to give both the negative and positive feedback. Just make sure we stick to the rules of no trash talk. Going to close this thread before it gets to that point. If JasonJigs would like to add another comment to this post... please PM me and i will open it for you.

Thanks for everyones input. - Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back