It's what Grand Pa's Do

Radtexan

Teachin them how to get into stuff they never thought of ;)

My daughter thought we left a little early for the rodeo. She had no idea I had entered him in the mutton bustin. Hope I get another chance to take him out ;)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428118925.861663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428118925.861663.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 83

dbeam

Good Job. I try to get the kids into things that they would never do with the parents. I really apperciate what I learned and experienced with my grandpa

Darrell

goodtimesfishing

Great memories!!! Of coarse when he gets older the story will be something along the lines of "my grandpa let me ride a bull at the rodeo when I was only # years old.:D

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you had some fun!

goodtimesfishing said:
......Of coarse when he gets older the story will be something along the lines of......

................and i rode that thing for 5.2 seconds!

wtex

That Is one of my favorite events. Looks like fun and he will not forget it. Papaw is a lot more fun than being Dad.

Radtexan

wtex said:
That Is one of my favorite events. Looks like fun and he will not forget it. Papaw is a lot more fun than being Dad.
That it is Robert !!!! Gods gift for letting your kids live ;)

papaperch

I was fortunate enough when I was a tad, To have two GREAT grandfathers. On my mother side he was a great trout fisherman and hunter. On Dads side another great all around fisherman. Both were great story tellers also. Even at the age of 67 rarely does a day go by that I don't think of one or both of them.

I could go on and on about learning to cane pole , bait casting , spinning , wading , flyfishing and a myriad of other things they taught me. You Grandpas may be making a bigger lasting impression on your grandchildren than you think. Even something as simple as taking a splinter out. Grandpa showed me how to use a pocket knife to slick a splinter or a thorn out slick as a whistle.

Everytime I used to get splinters out from the youngsters. It made me think of them. Course they were told this cure came from too.

Grandpaps carry a heavy responsibility but they do it with a huge grin.

Back