Its finally Official

Radtexan

After 50 years my home lake may have seen the end.Ive shown several pics over the last few years of the decline,but the last few day it was declared at 0.0 % of capacity :mad:

We have one other lake about the same distance in decent shape,but White River was our only,walley and white bass within 150 miles.And a little known crappie haven,with very little pressure.

RIP White River
herekitty001-1.jpg

WhiteRiverstakebedskmz.jpg

wr3-25001.jpg

AHlaborday007.jpg

StumpHunter

Hate to hear the lake is dry. Looks like a lot of very good fish are no longer alive and a great fishing lake is gone. Those are all nice fish in the pics.

papaperch

Losing a good lake is almost as painful as losing a good friend. Unfortunately I know exactly how you feel. Few years back we lost a local lake due to politics and money. Had plenty of water but dam itself failed government inspection.Almost 10 years went by with the city not doing anything but talking.

Everytime I drive by I remember the HUGE perch that I used to catch there.

toadfrog

What is the chance of finding a large underground well site . get a community effort to drill it . Pump water into the lake . Just a crazy notion hit me .

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Hard to believe. Looked at the area on Google maps and they still show it with plenty of water.

Does 0% mean it is DRY AS A BONE or does that mean it is down to the last conservation pool size and there is none that can be allocated for irrigation and other uses? Also see where the Texas Water Data page has 'Historical' information...... has it every done this in the history of the records or is this a first?

Radtexan

Toad:pumping out along with the drought is what killed it...Its the primary drinking water source for several of the small towns in the area.Im just sad about losing an old friend,they are panicking wondering where there next drink comes from.

Russ:there are still a few puddles around ,capacity is around 3700 ac. last I saw the lake was only nearing 300...over most of the summer it was hovering in the 1-2 % full.I guess once it go so far below 1 % they called it 0

Never this low.In my memory,I think 07 was the worst it ever got,at around 30 % full it was still fishable,one temp ramp open.Caught 13' of water July 4 weekend of 08,and has been dropping steadily since.

Back