Is it just me?

Jubs

It is just me or is it really hard to find white marabou that isn't junk? I don't know what it is but no matter what brand or where I have always ended up tossing 80% of the white marabou out because it is just not up to my standards. I even bought Nature's Spirit Prime marabou (all the other colors I have from them are amazing) and it is 10 times better than anything else I have used (Hareline, Waspi, ect) but is still not as nice as I would like and at almost $3 for 10 plumes I expect more! I wonder if they just use the white as a left over since all the colors we use are dyed over white? :huh:

I have noticed this and just thought to say something today after getting done using the $$$ stuff and still being irritated with the quality. I am I the only one getting junk or have others noticed this as well? Maybe my standards are too high for quality I don't know I just don't want a fluff ball on my jigs and would like some nice tips is all. :D

I am going to Cabela's tomorrow and I am going to hunt through their stuff and see if I can't find some nice stuff. I bought some of their marabou once and it has proven to be nice for the most part, have to check out the white they have to see if they have anything better.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Check a local craft store (or w-mart at last resort) for some of the Darice brand marabou. I get mine from a mom & pop craft store down the street from my work, but also use another bigger craft outlet. There are 2 different quality grades for the Darice marabou and the better quality stuff is AWSOME! I maybe only pitch 10% of what comes in a pack, yeah it is good.....

JUNGLEJIM1

Cabela's has some nice white strung marabou.I prefer loose when I can get it.I'm thinking about buying a lb of white for dyeing purposes.With strung marabou some spots the dye doesn't reach.

Jubs

JUNGLEJIM1 said:
Cabela's has some nice white strung marabou.I prefer loose when I can get it.I'm thinking about buying a lb of white for dyeing purposes.With strung marabou some spots the dye doesn't reach.

Yes they do I just picked up a 1 oz bag of it today. Ok I won't whine anymore I have enough white to last me awhile and for the most part looks at least 90% usable.

crappiecripplerjigs

I have noticed the same thing with white. Seems no matter the brand, much of it is not suitable to my needs and gets tossed. Yellow as well.

snake River

Jubs said:
It is just me or is it really hard to find white marabou that isn't junk? I don't know what it is but no matter what brand or where I have always ended up tossing 80% of the white marabou out because it is just not up to my standards. I even bought Nature's Spirit Prime marabou (all the other colors I have from them are amazing) and it is 10 times better than anything else I have used (Hareline, Waspi, ect) but is still not as nice as I would like and at almost $3 for 10 plumes I expect more! I wonder if they just use the white as a left over since all the colors we use are dyed over white? :huh:

I have noticed this and just thought to say something today after getting done using the $$$ stuff and still being irritated with the quality. I am I the only one getting junk or have others noticed this as well? Maybe my standards are too high for quality I don't know I just don't want a fluff ball on my jigs and would like some nice tips is all. :D

I am going to Cabela's tomorrow and I am going to hunt through their stuff and see if I can't find some nice stuff. I bought some of their marabou once and it has proven to be nice for the most part, have to check out the white they have to see if they have anything better.

do not feel bad about marabou feathers we have ordered some from a feather merchant and I had to send them back. they were so bad that you cannot use a single feather looks like they were a bunch of floor sweepings .they sent me another bag full which was 100 times better I think it depends on who you will from the one that we are ordering from now is really good. we have no problems with these folks their name is WW sworn in son I highly recommend them they ship immediately they are in California I am Oregon here I get my shipment in two days go to their website and take a look the only requirement that they have a minimum order of $100 in the only sale in bulk bob.

Pup

AtticaFish said:
Check a local craft store (or w-mart at last resort) for some of the Darice brand marabou. I get mine from a mom & pop craft store down the street from my work, but also use another bigger craft outlet. There are 2 different quality grades for the Darice marabou and the better quality stuff is AWSOME! I maybe only pitch 10% of what comes in a pack, yeah it is good.....

Darice produces some pretty good products. Though I have seen a little variability in their craft fur. Particularly the browns and blacks. Still, for price, quality, and bang for the buck, I like their product and use a lot of it. Looks good in the water too. That's where it counts. ;)

I'll keep my eyes open for their marabou. Thanks AF. :cool:

LedHed

Sponsor
Jubs

I've been using Tackle Craft (tackle-craft.com) for a loooong time. Changed owners last year, same great service.

One ounce marabou fluffs lasts awhile - excellent quality. I use fluffs for jigs up to 1/16th.

Jubs

Thanks Snake and Led. I will check out both places when I need some more. I have a Tackle Craft catalog I just have never ordered from them, I will have to take a closer look at it.

Thanks again everyone!

Back