Inshore streamer jigs

Barefoot

A few attempts with a 1/8 oz., 2/0 long shank Owner for multi species. The yellow is shlappen barred with a sharpie, palmered marabou & Estaz and the white is neck hackle mottled with a sharpie, palmered marabou and cactus chenille.
Yellow%20hackle%20barred.jpg
White%20sharpie.jpg

Barefoot

Yellow%20wet.jpg
White%20wet.jpg

Note: The wider web on  the domestic saddle / schlappen on the yellow actually holds up much better than the thinner saltwater neck hackle on the white and has better swimming action. The marabou does flair on both when stopped.

Pup

Barefoot, you tie very well.  I'd fish your ties for multiple FW species. :icon14:
[font="Helvetica Neue",Helvetica,sans-serif]Save[/font]

Barefoot

I downsized to a 1/0 Owner for this one and used only SW hackle. I am going to use these under a cork for fresh to salt in the bayou. I added some antennae and legs to give a shrimp appearance.
Shrimp%20Inshore%20HDR.jpg

Barefoot

Another shrimp imitation. I had tried using palmered schlappen in front of the hackle. It looked good but weighed it down when wet so I went with the mirror wrap.
1/8, 3/0 Owner long shank. Plastic eyes painted black, saddle hackles, grizzly hackle, estaz grande, mirror wrap and grizzly flutter legs.
Shrimp%20prototype.jpg
Shrimp%20Prototype%202.jpg

hookup

Wow ... I'm seeing stripers in the inland part of the Bay out here

Nice job

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
They all look good but........... that last tie is sure sweet looking! Going to have to play with the beadchain eyes and estaz/crystal chenille to try and replicate something like that. That would make an outstanding minnow jig as well. No shrimps in my area, but awesome inspiration for other ties. :cool:

Barefoot

I am still working on these shrimp. I modified a stand up - swim jig with a 4/0 that weighs approximately 1/12 oz. Getting a bit better with the legs and I like the profile of this head over the ball style. I need to check this head for balance but it should work alright.
12%20shrimp.jpg

Barefoot

I am going to do some more of these heads in the shrimp, sand & rootbeer to be tied with zonker. That will be my pattern that I will test when the rains stop....
Feather%20and%20fur.jpg

Back