Inshore and freshwater heads

Barefoot

Got em all painted up. From Trout and Reds to Bass and Crappie. 1/16 and 1/8 for tying and plastics with some horse & donkey heads.

Attachments

• Fresh.JPG
    Fresh.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 110

Barefoot

I do seem to collect them throughout the year and then do my painting all at once. They are mostly 2 and 3 color patterns on these heads as I wanted to try that technique. The stand up jigs are 3/8 - 1/0 BN  and the swim jig are 1/0 BN as well and those will work in either waters.
The ones that I am excited about are the 1/8 & 1/16 crappie heads as I have rededicated myself to heading up the bayou and focusing on the freshwater species. My first few times have yielded small Bass and a few Crappie on the jigs that AllenOK and Stumphunter tied up for me. Thanks again to these two and all the others on this board who have inspired me.
I have hackle and chenille ready to get started tying my own when the weather turns bad. Winter has not arrived here as yet.
I will experiment with some soft plastics on some of the heads I matched up this coming week.
Plastics.jpg

slammingjack

That is just awesome! Do you make the plastics as well? Matching the heads and the plastics show some real skills. Very nice!

hookup

Like the choice of cigars

Oh, nice job on the jigs too. The plastics & matching paint is a cut above

Back