Inline spinners twisting line

Muskygary

Sometimes Inline spinners will twist the line. I try to always put a swivel up the line about a foot to try to stop this. Ive also heard if ,you bend the line tie loop up this will stop the lure from spinning, but it will also weaken the wire. Anyone have any comments on what you do?

Bucko

if im going musky fishing and know that im going to be throwing a lot of bucktails, I run a leader up to a high end ball bearing swivel 6 feet or so above the lure. works well for me. I've also done thqt for trout fishing too.

toadfrog

X2 Also if you spinner does not have a folded clevis on the blade that is some of the reason you are getting line twist . All my personal stuff has folded clevises and seldom line twist . If I get line twist after that it is due to not using a blade that is stream lined for in line lures . Occasionally fact current will mess with you too .

redman

MG get the best Ball bearing swivels that you can. Used to run my inline spinners on heavy wire leaders 2 foot long with SS swivles on both ends. Will agree with the Toadfrog folded clevis are the best. Don't skimp or cheap out on this part of the Musky rig it is the most important. If you can't attract them then you can't hook them. If you do hook one with a twist in the line you most likely will loose it right at the boat. Learn from my mistakes.

Redman

Back