If you were to suggest molds for a newbie

bearfish

If you were to suggest molds for someone to get into pouring jig heads what would they be and why?

I fish mostly for panfish (gills) and am considering pouring my own.

Been looking at molds that pour a combo of 1/64 and 1/32oz heads.
Thanks

Jiggin Joe

bearfish said:
If you were to suggest molds for someone to get into pouring jig heads what would they be and why?

I fish mostly for panfish (gills) and am considering pouring my own.

Been looking at molds that pour a combo of 1/64 and 1/32oz heads.
Thanks

If you plan on pouring alot try and find prodution molds that have 10 of same size it makes it alot easier and faster. if you are gonna just pour for yourself go with the combo molds that have 5 of each (cheaper) and go with the sizes you use most of course. For tying i recommend collarless.

JJ
JJ

Jig Man

You might start out buying a few of several sizes and see which ones work best for you. JMO... There are several people on here that can pour about anything you want. Crazy Angler is another great place to look for tying equipment. And a great guy to do business with.

bearfish

Jig Man said:
You might start out buying a few of several sizes and see which ones work best for you. JMO... There are several people on here that can pour about anything you want. Crazy Angler is another great place to look for tying equipment. And a great guy to do business with.

I have heard nothing but good things about Crazy Angler and I plan to try em out as soon as I have a little money to spend.

Back