ID This Jig

Jay Wirth

I got a bunch of these unpainted as extras for hosting a recent jig swap.  I tied up some for a friends father who is raving about how much he like them.  I can tie my 1/16 with a standard straight shank hook with 90deg bend but matching what i tied would be great.

What are they, do they come in different sizes, and where can I get more??

View attachment 4

Attachments

• IMG_20160501_104849226 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_20160501_104849226 (800x450).jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 91

duffy

Did someone just cast some up with O'Shaughnessy hooks they had laying around or do you think they were commercially made? I have some tube type jigs that have that similar hook in them but they were in my wife's grandfathers stuff and he got most of his supplys from Herters.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I believe i may have sent a couple of something that looked similar to those mixed in with some other various head styles for a swap. They were a custom head/hook combo (small hook on heavy head) that Hawnjigs poured for me. It was some type of odd ball saltwater hook if i remember correctly. I wanted to use them casting for perch but decided i liked the lighter weight hooks better for general practical purposes. It is an interesting combo i don't think i have seen anywhere else.

redman

Late for the party Jay but back when I was a young dog I experimented with some short shank O Shaunessey hook that mustang had on the market. As I remember the walleye short struck them so went back to the long shank 4x long hooks. They worked ok for yellow perch. I think that they would work great for a jig with a minnow trailer.

Redman

Jay Wirth

This jig is small 1/16. I tied up for a guy something that resembles a beaded nymph to use on the East Branch of the Delaware River where he hammered the brown trout. Im looking into modifying an older mold to take a thinner but similar shape jig hook or maybe even a fly fishing nymph hook.

Back