Icefishing jigs ( pinmins )

papaperch

Thought you guys might enjoy a newer generation of my pinmins. Went heavy on EYES as you can see. Also tried adding beads on a few. Thats a standard 1/32 oz jig at top to give idea on size.

pinmin1.jpg

pinmin2.jpg

Have not been able to field test these guys yet but I am pretty sure they will be winners. Have always used painted eyes on my pinmins before so I figured to try a little something different. Even tied a few different colors. Normally stick with silver , chartreuse ,glow green and white.

These are heavily used for panfish up here in the north country. Most guys just use them thru the ice. I use them all season long. Personally I don't think a better gill pill exists. Tip with maggot , waxworm or even crappie nuggets and gulp products.

papaperch

Thats not lead. they are made by soldering a hook to a preformed ice blade. Have to use gold hooks as solder will not adhere to bronze finish. I use a soldering pencil and a heatsink to hold the hook in place while soldering.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Brings back memories.... when young and first started ice fishing with my Dad, our tackle consisted of a small plano box with pinmins, black ants and some lead shot. That was it! Our rods didn't even have reels, just line holders. :D

I like the looks of the bead ones. Wondering if those will send back a better mark on the flasher - the slim vertical spoons i have tried this year don't seem to show up well except for on the drop, but that could very well be opperator error! :blush: Or are you just watching the signal from your split shot and estimating where the 'business end' is hanging? Have seen some teardrops lately with very small spinner blades attached above the main spoon as well, maybe another thing to tinker with - haha!!

If i was heading out.... i'd tie on one of the red ones first. Red/orange has been good to me thru the ice so far. Good luck tomorrow!!!!

Back