I got the lead out

Shoemoo

So I figured I'd take a pic of my setup. I live in an apartment, so I pour on a table I set up on my deck when the weather is nice.

Hemos are for pulling the jigs out of the cavities. I also use them to return the sprues to the pot. The coffee can is where I store the scrap lead and ingots to go in the pot. The cat food tin with the spoon in it on the top left is where I put the slag I scrape off. The tin on the bottom is for the newly-made jigs.

IMAG0256_1.jpg

My modified walleye mold. I made a mess with the silicone, but it doesn't affect the pouring so I haven't bothered to clean it up. I still need to enlarge the hook cutout next to the 3/32nd cavity so it's easier to fit size 4 sickle hooks. They have a wider gap than the jig the mold was intended for, and not all of the hooks will fit.

IMAG0257_1.jpg

Some newly-made jigs waiting for me to trim the flash off the hook shank.

IMAG0258_1.jpg

hookup

Nice job .. luv the cat fish tins to hold the jigs after pouring.

Kdog

Nice set up. Wish mine were that neat and well organized

Quick suggestion though. Uaving used that lil melter since the late 70's, I assure you sooner or later it will drip and you need some sort of spatter shield around your set up to keep the spatters from going all over the room and trust me when I say removing spatter from carpeting is a time consuming project.

Back