I did a little bending this weekend.

Fin and Fur

I especially like the convex/concave blade. Are those bullet weights? Where do get the blades? I'd love to make some of those. They will definitely be in the mouth of trout.....first cast

Fin and Fur

I have a ton of stainless wire and have been thinking I should it into spinners. Seeing those makes me want to follow through. Thanks for the motivation. On the search for blade now.

QPassage

Theses are made from a modified jig mold.  Yes the split ring i use them as much as possible, I have always felt it increases hook ups and action of the bait.  Plus it allows for easier field hook changing.  There is a bead between the blade and lure body and a lot of the time I put one on the front of the blade.  the blade turns smoother up against the bead.  If you look closely you will see the body is weighted off center. My thinking is it should keep the lure up righted while fishing it.  I'll know more once I get to trout fishing.  I didn't want to cut up my mold to much till I could see how it was going to work.  However that said I have modified several mold in the last couple weeks.  My Bat jig with the blade is awesome least I think so.
20160125_185635.jpg

I usually buy state side, I've had stuff held up at customs to many times.  Plus I could be mistaken but I think jansnetcraft is more cost effective.

hookup

f&f

Play around a bit with all the blades and options

I like the safety pin spinnerbait allot

IMGP0950_zps015vmwyd.jpg

And found out that thinking out of the box works on the local small mouth bass population

IMGP0144.jpg

Although I still have a long way to go to catch up with Q's painting talents.

QPassage

hookup said:
f&f

Play around a bit with all the blades and options

I like the safety pin spinnerbait allot

IMGP0950_zps015vmwyd.jpg

And found out that thinking out of the box works on the local small mouth bass population

IMGP0144.jpg

Although I still have a long way to go to catch up with Q's painting talents.

Those look great.  
The painting is all about practice and having the right brush at the right time.  One of these days I'm going to shut the fluid bed down for a while and paint me some cranks.  

Fin and Fur

Yes QP, I never thought of the customs aspect of ordering out of the states. I thought those bodies had a little weight to one side. Should work hypothetically and theoretically. I don't have the means of pouring lead yet. I'm thinking I might try bullet weights just for the heck of it, seeing as how I already have a bunch. Maybe even flatten them so it's like a keel effect, don't think I could get them weight off set though.

Fin and Fur

These will be hunting the mouth's of Trout in late Feb early March.<br />
<br />
Shadtastic1.jpg

QP took a little inspection.... sent you a PM too

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1454279622548.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1454279622548.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 22

QPassage

Fin and Fur said:
These will be hunting the mouth's of Trout in late Feb early March.<br />
<br />
Shadtastic1.jpg

QP took a little inspection.... sent you a PM too

The second and 5th ones top down would be good colors here for trout.    A very nice group of spinners.  

Back