HUGE TUNA

Squeakyboatcaptain

It's killing me not be able to fish!!!! This BIG Yellowfin Tuna swam around the boat for 3 hrs....just cruising the surface...Never seen one just hanging around, just idling like this..They are usually gun and run! I have a nice diamond jig that would look good hanging out of his mouth!!! He is probably well over 100 lbs!

1335707928.jpg
1335708539.jpg

Love me some fresh Tuna steaks! meat still quivering when it hits the grill!

Squeakyboatcaptain

Everyone here wants to catch it.... But it is against BP policy to fish within 500 meters of one of their facilities... We are about 60 nautical miles east of the mouth of the Mississippi river.

toadfrog

Fish figured out it is a safe zone . Kind of like deer go to property where they aren't allowed to be hunted.

Squeakyboatcaptain

They are everywhere....inside the zone and out....
You can see how close we are working to the structure in this picture..
1335718734.jpg

There is a small catamaran sport fisher out here...At least someone gets to fish!!!
1335718662.jpg

ScottV

Those are some nice pics. That water looks like someone's swimming pool. Is that the same tuna they are after on the TV show "Wicked Tuna"?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Man 'o man - that would absolutely HURT me to watch that fish swimming around and no line in the water. See alot of the off shore fishing shows (bass to billfish one of them) that go straight out to those rigs to fish. Solitary piece of 'structure' out in the middle of big blue nothing. :cool:

Squeakyboatcaptain

No.... The wicked Tuna show... Are looking for Bluefins .... Which we do have a small number of in the gulf, but most of our tunas are yellowfins and blackfins ...and they don't get near as big as those bluefin monsters!!
BUT.... a 100-120lb tuna is fun to catch!!! It's killing me!!!! Ahhhhhh!!

Back