howdy all

Joker

i am from east Tn , i live on the ocoee and hiwasse rivers , great trout fishing , i found this site while looking at different fly and jig patterns , i saw some very impressive work on here and joined , i have tied marabou jigs since i was a kid with a pair of hemostats and sewing thread , i just bought tying vise , a bobbin and some real thread a couple of months ago , so i am by no means a expert , i just love tying .

Keith

Jay Wirth

Welcome. I fished the Hiwasse last summer and got my ass kicked - it was much harder than I expected. Im looking to hit it again this summer when we visit the in-laws in Cleveland, TN

hookup

Welcome from the Nation's capital - well, really No VA.

Joker

thanks all .
Hawnjigs said:
Wow, had no idea TN had such excellent river fishing.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hiw...v&sa=X&ei=6aiZVeL0B4PAsAXB1IKICw&ved=0CDEQsAQ

I started tying as a kid like you did, cept I didn't have any hemostats. You grew up around the same rivers?

yeah i grew up here fishing these rivers and also the tellico river , but now i live in between the ocoee and the hiwassee on kimsey mountain so i fish about every day i am able , i very rarely fish tellico anymore because the other two are so close , i have always preferred the hiwassee , because , when you cast a line in the hiwassee there is no telling what you will hook into, it has a great diversity of fish , and when the big stripe run up it in the fall the fishing is brutal with a clouser minnow or a bass bug on a 7 wt fly rod.

Joker

Jay Wirth said:
Welcome. I fished the Hiwasse last summer and got my ***** kicked - it was much harder than I expected. Im looking to hit it again this summer when we visit the in-laws in Cleveland, TN

Jay, it can be quite challenging when they have both turbines rocking 100%, but that's also when the big boys put on the feed bag and come out to play , not to mention the fact that it is a very heavy pressured river, the big ones have seen and snub almost everything including live bait, the water is also very clear which complicates things as well , i am no guide , but hit me the next time you get to go and i will show you the best secluded , seldom fished spots .
Keith

davidriley

Welcome from the UK.
I am very envious of you being able to fish most days. Enjoy this forum you will get plenty of ideas here and meet some friendly people too.

David

Back