Hook Search

toadfrog

Does anybody remember a spinnerbait called the GOLDEN NUGGET. It was a twin spin looked like a bent hot dog. If so do you know what hook went in that mold. I've as yet come up with the info looking at mustad or wright mcgill hooks. Thanks keeping my fingers crossed.

flatsrat76

toadfrog said:
Does anybody remember a spinnerbait called the GOLDEN NUGGET. It was a twin spin looked like a bent hot dog. If so do you know what hook went in that mold. I've as yet come up with the info looking at mustad or wright mcgill hooks. Thanks keeping my fingers crossed.

looked like a bent hot dog, That's what she said.... huh huh huh huhuhuhuhuh huhuhuhhhu and please no little smokies jokes :cool: but I have never heard of them

JSC

toadfrog said:

Thru the years I sold a lot of Hilebrandts "Gold Nugget" best I can remember it was a Sproat Hook .. they did their own plateing .. the hook might have been a special one. Wish I still had one (one of the few I don't have)

Wish I could help more.

JSC

toadfrog

JSC said:
toadfrog said:

Thru the years I sold a lot of Hilebrandts "Gold Nugget" best I can remember it was a Sproat Hook .. they did their own plateing .. the hook might have been a special one. Wish I still had one (one of the few I don't have)

Wish I could help more.

JSC
Thanks I'll start searching sproat hooks at this point I'll use any hook that will fit gold or not. Heck I've been bending some 30 degree 4/0 gold hooks to go inthe mold. Man that gets old.I don't even remember the no. for those. Old timers is kickin my butt these days.

toadfrog

toadfrog said:
JSC said:
toadfrog said:

Wish I could help more.

JSC
Thanks I'll start searching sproat hooks at this point I'll use any hook that will fit gold or not. Heck I've been bending some 30 degree 4/0 gold hooks to go inthe mold. Man that gets old.I don't even remember the no. for those. Old timers is kickin my butt these days.
Well it looks like I'm SOL . The search goes on. So if anybody has any kind of info give a yell. The hooks are discontinued special i'm sure of that now.

GrouseFly

Well TF, you might as well keep on bending cause that's what you have to do...lol. The mold called for you to bend the hook and the wire to fit the mold. I know you didn't want to here that but here are the hooks that they recommended...All these are Mustad's...3190A 3194N 32608 3888...some of which are no longer made from what I can gather. What it boils down to is any straight shank hook that you can bend to fit the mold and the wire. I hope this sheds some light on your problem. I just wonder if they will catch fish? I have often thought about making my version of this but was curious if it would be worth the time? How did they use them? Wierd lookin' bugger that's for sure....Good Fishin'...

toadfrog

See if I can post a pic soon . They caught fish a lot of fish . They came in 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 oz. Thanks for the info. Fortunately I have a bunch of the hooks I bend. No chance of the hook breaking after it is poured . I heat them just enough to do the bend then drop them in motor oil. Tempers them just right. If you over do it with the heat the gold will come off. just as well throw that one away. Thanks again.

Back