Hildebrandt style spins

Fatman

Made up some Hildebrandt style spinners with the wire coils. You can add jigs snelled hooks, a hook for just a minnow whatever you want.

100_4107.jpg

Fatman

I do for the .024 coils, I found a piece of steel wire that allows me to make bigger ones and they do work but I'd like one that let's me make them a tiny bit smaller so they're tighter.

pjmcla

You don't see this style around here that much anymore. It was real popular when I was much younger. Still works well though. I like this style better than the safety pin style myself. Smaller size bream jigs fished slow in the winter.

Fatman

pjm - wire forming can be really expensive and not all formers do everything unless you get one that's really expensive. I have one of the Netcraft wire formers and while it does alot of things it doesn't do them all. Alot of the stuff I do is with a Worth hand former.

Determine what you want to make first and that will help you with what type of former you should look at.

Give a holler if you need any help.

Pup

Inlines, like those, were popular for fly fishing years ago. I think that a company called "Joe's Flies" continues to make them today. Most that I've owned had muddler minnows attached to them. They are great for swinging across river current.

Yours are really nice FM. :cool:

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
First place i ever saw those (and bought several) was on a vacation taken up to Vermont (Lake Hortonia & Lake Bomoseen) many years ago. We used them to troll large un-weighted grubs behind our canoe..... they were excellent for locating pike and bass over large weed flats.

These style of spinners would be my biggest reason for getting into wire forming.

Nice looking work.

Fatman

Thanks Pup

Attica - Glad you liked Bomoseen!!! We found a Campground right on the lake that was really nice and had it's own boat launch, although I couldn't do any fishing at the time I did enjoy watching the kids fishing off the dock and they were getting some nice gills.

These the beetle spins and inline spinners have always been favorites for me and all have worked.

smalljaw

Excellent work Fatman, as I've said before, you have the wire forming down!! I do bend wire but it is all the same thing, .032, .035, and .040 stainless wire for spinnerbait wire forms and I use a product calle the little blue bender, a great thing to use for my needs but you couldn't do what Fatman does. And I rember those from a small tackle shop we used to go to, one old guy used to use them and rig a preserved minnow behing the rig and he would catch more stocked trout than the guys using live minnows, it was something to see. Great job once again Fatman, really nice work!!

Back