Hey Brucey

blt

Going to give it a try Friday night over night under the lights where the bait fish will be. Bad thing is no tackle shops are open by the time I get there! I found some Smelts at a local grocery store. I'll take some of them down. Leaving right after work at 1800.

There are Flounder in other areas, hope they made it to the pier by now. :D

Went 2 weeks ago and not a bite for 2 hours! :skunked: Was still early then, may still be. Don't really care, just want to get in the salt air and relax!

SaltyBuckster

Good luck.I'm going to the Raretin Bay on the 7th.Good stripers are being caught there on clams.Poured a bunch of 2,3 and 4 oz. Ultra Minnows with 7/0's.Doc's coming along,might have to venture out to the Strewsberry Rocks in the ocean to show him a real good time.It's only about 7 miles offshore and we'll get there quick,Ha.Hold on to your hat Doc.

blt

They are catching good stripers all up the coast from Md. to north NJ. They have been catching them down here for 3-4 weeks now just off shore. Good luck, and keep Doc away from those rocks!

toadfrog

None of you guys are ever getting me in water where there are fish with teeth and are perfectly willing to eat me . I'm just clumbsy enough to fall right in with them . So Salty you and Doc just go ahead and have my part of that fun . Good luck , stay dry externally I mean.

blt

Weather was not good lol. So foggy I couldn't even wear my glasses, got full of water from the fog and couldn't see! No Flounder yet, but did get a small Striper on a Smelt that I wasn't targeting. In July, he would have been a keeper.

On a side note, a pond where I USED to go for Herring (catching Herring is banned this year along the costal states) in De. was the home of a new Sate record LMB. 10.10 pounds. Released where they caught it after the official measuring. Fine job to whoever caught it. Hard to believe the world record is TWICE that big lol.

Hope you 2 do better then me!

SaltyBuckster

It rained all day here.Glad I did'nt travel to the shore,I would have been heated up,lol.At least you got one.Not getting skunked is a very good thing.

SaltyBuckster

Hey Guys,If you don't see a pic with Doc holding it,he did'nt catch anything,lol.Don't believe whatever story he tells you,Ha.Like,"I was too busy catching fish for a pic"he might be too busy netting for a pic,lol.

SaltyBuckster

My brother in law took my sister down to Raretin Bay last night.She wanted to get away,she said that she had'nt been anywhere in two years,lol.I took a look at the weather report in Jersey and said "No Way"they went,she got sea sick on 5' waves,I just laughed.No fish,BTW.I bet he was pissed when she said that he had to take her back to land,lol.

blt

5 footers???? I'd have stayed on land and waited for the boat to come back myself. I'd find some place on land to fish lol. I know my limitations.

Fatman

All right you two!!!!!! I would love to be a fly on the wall when you two go out - but since I can't you need and independent picture taker so they'res no fibbing LOL

Back