Here's how my day went.

HairyMooseKnuckles

I had a fun today. I tried some new to me techniques and tied a few flies. So, what did you guys do today?

This is a pinkish shrimpy looking dubbing that I blended and then spun on a needle and coated in head cement.

I made a tail for my damsel fly the same way. The black bands where made with a sharpie and then I coated it with head cement. I learned this from one of Norms videos on YouTube.

I made some fabric paint eyes. I learned this from a post on this site.

I tied The Clem Kadittle

I tied some Bluegill Candy.

Here's a Dragonfly.

hookup

You've been busy.

Poured 100 1/32, 100 1/16, and 10 3/16 w/ wire weed guard.

Powder painted 10 of the 1/32 & 1/16 and the 10 3/16 jigs. I'll tie a couple at night when time permits.

The 3/16 will be ducktail - black & green pumpkin mix - for a buddy who carted my lazy butt around the river a couple weeks ago in his jet.

The rest wil all be for stock to do something with over the winter when I'm bored.

Before pouring, I cooked - made a bunch of meatballs - some for meatball subs for dinner, the rest to freeze for the nights the wife & I both work. Then boiled some pork ribs w/ carrots, leeks, onion, garlic, celery for 1/2 hour. The ribs will be baked tonight w/ a home made BBQ sauce and the stock from boiling the ribs will turn into a 15 bean soup.

The leaves outside are calling still me, but my excuse was it rained so I had to cook. ;-)

Hawnjigs

KISS
Yum, choklit chip cookies.

Seriously, those are some artistic ties, even tho they're only flies. The shrimp in particular is amazing, might be a ticket for some C&R trophy trout CO heavy pressure tailwaters where apparently only mysis shrimp replica ties will get bit.

HU, I don't even know the names of 15 bean varieties, & I'm a connoisseur of fartberries. Thanks for the reminder to fire up some ribs on the barbie before first whiteout.

Back