Here's a Keeper

Radtexan

Got a couple places out here that do a "volcano shrimp " or firecracker chicken. Found a recipie that's pretty darn close. Since Mrs Rad won't do shrimp I made some of each tonight.

Going in my rotation.

SWEET FIRE CHICKEN
View attachment 2INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 cups diced pineapple, fresh or canned
1/2 cup Thai sweet chili sauce, or more, to taste
2 green onions, thinly sliced
FOR THE CHICKEN
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, beaten
INSTRUCTIONS
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Working one at a time, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour again, pressing to coat.
Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet, 3 or 4 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add bell pepper and pineapple and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in chicken and Thai sweet chili sauce until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with green onions.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425869520.972443.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425869520.972443.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 59

AllenOK

When breading ANYTHING, I always use PVC surgical gloves. This way, the bulk of the flour/eggwash isn't on my skin, but the glove. Just peel the glove off when done. I also find it easier to use one hand for "dry" and the other hand for "wet". If I use both hands for everything, my fingers get glued together really quickly.

I would mix the EVOO with some Sesame oil as well. Better flavor.

Radtexan

Great tip Allan. Dont dip and dredge enough anymore to warrant the gloves, but have always had a wet hand, dry hand when fryin.

Back