Here you go Doc.

blt

Here are the floats I use/used.

View attachment 9

The 2 small ones on the right, I have in another color also, but have to find them.
The larger green one on the top right I have post for, and may be able to use them for slip bobbers.

Attachments

• 100_0640.jpg
    100_0640.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 46

Fatman

I love the Betts Oval floats!!!! especially the weighted ones they really help with casting light jigs 1 1/2 - 2". I used to buy 5 or 6 packs of 2 at a time and then Dicks stopped carrying them. Comal has roughly the same kind but they're just not as good.

I bought 3 bulk packages of them from Cabelas
100_1604.jpg

Then looking around Ebay one day I found a GREAT DEAL for them!!!!!!! Guy had 105 packages of two The ovals, round and some large and small slip floats, free shipping and only $10.95!!!!!! In the first pic minus the top row center bag those were the ones I bought from Cabela's - they are all in 1 gallon zip lock bags!!!!!!!!!
100_1600.jpg

100_1605.jpg

100_1603.jpg

100_1602.jpg

100_1601.jpg

The really big slips I haven't figured out what to do with them yet - but figure big minnows or crayfish for Pike and wallege
100_1606.jpg

These Class bobbers are ones I saw on Infisherman and found these at a flea market for 25cents a pack
100_1608.jpg

Some odd ball ones I got at a yard sale for a .25.
100_1607.jpg

I think I got plenty!!! but if I find some other really nice slip floats I'll get some.

blt

These are for surf fishing rigs, and small ones for other rigs I made for saltwater. They are not the "betts" slip type, but I have pegs for some of them that would make them the "floating" type for crappies.....maybe. I'm telling you, I am about as raw as they come for most types of fishing lol. Those floats on the last pic of yours with the yellow rods coming out of them, I would have no clue what they would be for lol.

I have a hundreds and hundreds of floats, trying to figure out what to do with them lol. Have surf fishing hooks also up to 3/0, and just don't make surf rigs any more. Doc said he may want some, but I'm sure I can use that dark green cigar peg float as a slip bobber. Now whatr to do with the other 500 or so floats lol.

Fatman

Doc - that's just the problem!!! I usually don't lose any, it's when I was going with my nephew and his brother and my son in his boat that all the tackle diasppeared from the tackle bag!!!!!! Those 3 could lose 50 packs of hooks in 10 minutes, along with the bobbers and split shot (tin split shot). They'd get ticked because I was skipping mine up under the trees. If we were fishing from shore they be trying to do lob casts and they would end up in the trees. That's when I started making them buy all their own stuff, they were costing me a bunch of money.

But it's all been sitting - and now it'll be getting put back to use!!!!!

BLT - post up some pics of what you have!!!!! You'd be surprised - some of them might be able to be used for catfishing and you could post them on a couple of catfishing boards.

SaltyBuckster

If you were in a boat,why did'nt you go get them when the fishing was overwith?Snap the line hard and let them float around in the water until you are ready to leave,lol.Always sounds easy,does'nt it,lol.I had some fishing buddies like that,left them back in Arizona,Ha.

Fatman

Absolute truth Salty!!!! I don't swim all that well and I'm nervous in boats anyway takes forever to get comfortable and if it's really rocking from waves I'm right on the shore waving goodbye to them LOL That day was when I told the boys it was time for them to buy their won stuff = they all had jobs so it was time for them to suck it up = plus they have all learned to cast better since then LOL

Back