Here are the pics you requested.

hunter7711

I took that Poison Head mold.
the_poison_tail_jig.gif

and turned the 1/4 oz cavity into this. (waiting on hooks before I do the 1/8 oz cavity)
DSCN1850.jpg

Balance is PERFECT. Cutting of the shank gives me a 3/16 oz jig.

Ive poured a total of 4000 with various size, and color hooks in 1/8 & 1/16 oz of this head.
DSCN1752.jpg
For a pile that looks like this. My pouring and painting bench. I have a tyeing station set up in the TV room.
DSCN1854.jpg

Hawnjigs

KISS
You sir are a skilled modifier, photographer, and Sickle addict. Is that a heavy wire Sickle?

By perfect balance you mean horizontal dangle?

hunter7711

Not really. It's a 1/0 that I plan on using on some of those Grenada slabs this fall. Yes, the 3/16 is the best balanced. I learned as a youth how inportant it was to keep the jig horizontal. I alwas make sure it is straight. Well worth the trouble.

LedHed

Sponsor
That is a heap of pouring hunter!! Really like the poison with the sickle - you are going to get some new friends real soon.

hunter7711

The jig that I pour so many of is a mold that Robert at Crazy made for me. One of a kind, and priceless to me.
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Fatman

And I thought I poured alot LOL Nice mess of jigs and nice mod on the mold!!! Love to see some of the them all painted up with tied!!!! I would love to have a horsehead mold moded for recessed eyes!!!!!! I really wish Robert was still doing molds!!!!!!

Hunter have you though about filling in the collar slots with JB weld so you wouldn't have to trim so much??? From what I've read on it you can always remove it when you want.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Fatman said:
...have you thought about filling in the collar slots with JB weld so you wouldn't have to trim so much???...

I would say don't do it! Would not take much grinding with a file to smooth out the lead barbs but leave the rest of the collar for thread neck jigs or to taper the body with chenille. Thats just me thoug. ;) Looks like a sweeeeet head style. :cool:

Fatman

Ok correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you could put it in the slots temporarily and then just sand it out later WRONG???? Maybe I mis-read how the guys at TU were using it.

Back