hello

stlatem

Hello from wi. I have been reading this forum for a while now and learned a lot l have been fishing for a long time and am still at them. I have been making and painting jigs and pouring plastic baits for about 8 years.I have been impressed with the artists on this forum so I bought an airbrush and a vise and am learning to use them .it isn't as easy as it looks but its fun. I'm not good with computers so I don't know about pic.s yet . what happened to the plastic folks?

HairyMooseKnuckles

stlatem said:
Hello from wi. I have been reading this forum for a while now and learned a lot l have been fishing for a long time and am still at them. I have been making and painting jigs and pouring plastic baits for about 8 years.I have been impressed with the artists on this forum so I bought an airbrush and a vise and am learning to use them .it isn't as easy as it looks but its fun. I'm not good with computers so I don't know about pic.s yet . what happened to the plastic folks?

Hi! Big welcome from Texas. I know absolutely nothing about plastics. I ty a little bit of everything. I fish mainly for crappie and blue gill, but ty all sorts of flys. It's pure enjoyment for me. As matter of fact, I have a new Nor-vice that was delivered today. I can't wait to try it out.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and sure glad to see you post stlatem! The plastics board did die off some. I don't pour any plastics myself do go through some twisters grubs and a few swimbaits during early spring and late into the fall. Nailed a 23" walleye tonight using a 1/8th jig with heavy oversize hook and 5" Northern Bluegill Kalins grub. :cool: Feather/fur tied jigs can work outstanding at times...... but so do plastic baits rigged on jigs. Fishing technique is pretty much the same, just a slightly different adaptation of the tool. Loves me some sweet plastic.

Bucko

Welcome! Good to see another Wisconsinite on the boards. I started dabbling in plastics recently myself but haven't gotten to deep in it yet. Good place here to hang out and lots of information to be had.

Kdog

Welcome from SW Ohio. Glad you found something besides beer to occupy your time on those long winter nights. In the early 80's I had a temp assignment from September thru May in Ceadrburg WI. Lots of fishing and Ice fishing and snowmobiling and lots of Beer.

As far as plastics, it is a whole different world and IMO you should check out the Do It forum a lot of truly creative folks over there and some very helpful ones as well. I do not use plastics very often but do have a few 3" and 4" Muy grubs that I like for smallies but they are hard to find and as of yet no one can duplicate my favorite something about tail thickness. But I digress, Welcome and although our plastics contingent is a bit light, the zonker strip folks can probably show you a thing or 3 that will make you think twice about plastics. Great group here and very helpful folks. Just ask and someone will answer.

stlatem

Thanks for the nice welcome. Yeah kdog I gave up beer and ice fishing a while ago it hurt too much the next day. I read the other forums. There are some talented bait makers out there. The folks on this forum are very helpful and friendly too. I love to make and fish plastic and have never fished with a zonker , If I could catch crappie and walleye with it i would sure try them. So thanks again.

duffy

Welcome from the NW! I'm new here also but had been lurking and learning for a while. Great group of people. I'm going to try a sort of zonker lure for walleye but it's still on the drawing board until I assemble all the supplies.

Back