Hello From Eastern Washington

duffy

Hi Everyone!
Came across this site a while back and decided to join in on the fun. Have already learned quite a bit and hope I can maybe help with the things I know about. I'm a dry land wheat farmer and love to tinker with things and pretty much fix or build anything I can. Been casting my own jigs for quite a while and decided to start tying a few to doll them up a bit. My wife and I both like to fish even though we don't get out to do it as often as we'd like, when we do we mostly target walleye, perch and bass. I don't fly fish but was intrigued by the patterns/imitations and thought "why can't you do that to a jig?" and then I found This Site! Ta-Da!! I'm still learning about all of the definitions, processes, materials and have a few hair brained ideas of my own but that's part of the fun of keeping your brain active. Thanks for having me and I hope to contribute any way I can.

Ryan

GrampsJigs

Happy to have you hear, Ryan. I am a fairly new member who just jumped in with everyone else after I registered. I feel like they are a great group and have really enjoyed the give and take from the other members.

Northern Colorado welcomes you.....................

Jig Man

Hola from west Texas Ryan, lots of good folks hang out here. And I do understand about dry land, and wheat is the goin thing in the winter here....

Kdog

Welcome from the Buckeye state. Sometimes dry, sometimes wet, but always fishable if you have the desire. This is a great place to learn about "dolling up" your jigs as well as many outside of the box ideas. Dont be afraid to ask your questions or even post what do you think ideas!

Friendly and helpful group here.

LedHed

Sponsor
Hola Ryan from SoCal and welcome aboard. Don't think you can find a more friendly tying environment and no egos.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the site from NW Ohio and glad to see you post! I have gotten the walleye bug over the last few years myself. :D Do you ever fish the Columbia River for them? I can remember reading an article about a new state record walleye coming from the river system weighing in at just over 20lbs!

duffy

Thanks for the warm welcome's , this seems like a pretty cozy place.:icon14::icon14:

Atticafish, we mostly fish the Spokane arm of lake Roosevelt which is the upper part of the columbia above Grand Coulee Dam. There's some pretty good walleye at the potholes reservoir also and that's fairly close to us. Just never seem to get the time (or weather) to go as much as we used to though.

goodtimesfishing

Duffy- Another great thing about this site is NO TROLLS unlike our Washington fishing sites! I'm sure you know what I mean if you frequent our Washington fishing sites.
Great people here! So if you have any questions, you will get real answers. No bs on this site.

BBFisher

Welcome from West by God Virginia you have landed on a great group of people.I have learned a lot here and I am sure you will too.

duffy

Yes goodtimes I have had a few run in's with the "jack of all trades and master of none" on the Wa fishing site. I've been lurking here for a bit and realized that this site has people that want to help, share and get along with each other and not just strut around wearing a big hat with nothing in it. :D

Kdog

Very helpful group of folks here. BTW, you should join a jig swap or 2 to really get the inside track. Some of these guys tie some truly awesome jigs and to date, when I PM someone about a jig I received in a swap, I always get and answer, even had someone send me materials so I could tie my own,

Back