Heat Gun Stands

Pup

I'm curious about stands used with heat guns for powder painting jigs. If you use a heat gun with a stand, is the stand...
  • commercially-made and universal to hold all hand-held heat guns?
  • commercially-made and designed specifically for your heat gun?
  • Homemade and universal (works for virtually any heat gun)?
  • Homemade and specific to your heat gun?

I'm putting together an area in my garage for powder painting and would like a stand for my heat gun. Should you have a design for building one or can recommend one to purchase, please post.

Thanks. :)

crappiecripplerjigs

Mine sits nicely upright on the bench without the use of a stand. Not sure if there are any stands commercially available. That is a good question.

LedHed

Sponsor
I use the heat gun (multiple settings) on the right for big stuff and the embossing heater on the left (single setting) for small jigs.

View attachment 1

Attachments

• Heat source.jpg
    Heat source.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 51

Pup

LedHed,

I like your heat gun. It looks like a very nice one. Has its own stand attached too. :cool: The embossing heater is a great idea for small jigs.

Mine has a circular vent at the back of it which makes me leary about setting it on end. I'm afraid it'll reduce the air intake and the gun may overheat. It has two settings. Low is 572 degrees F and high is 1112. The low setting is below the melting point of lead (~ 621 degrees F), so I figure I might be safe should I decide to powder coat tiny lead heads.

Time to sit down with my drawing board to rough out a few ideas.

Thanks to both of you fellows for your input. :)

Back