Heads Up Seniors

Hawnjigs

KISS
Man, things are happening fast.  House of Representatives just passed a budget resolution.
"The budget being proposed outlines staggering cuts to key health programs: $1.5 trillion to Medicaid, $487 billion to Medicare, as well as cuts to everything from Pell grants to food stamps to school lunches."

[size=medium]Here's an example of who will be affected by just the Medicaid cuts.[/size]
"Medi-Cal (Medicaid in California) covers 14 million Californians, including a third of the state, half of all children, two-thirds of all nursing home residents and is a crucial funding stream for nearly every hospital in our state."
[size=medium]Nonetheless all 14 Republican reps voted to support these cuts.[/size]

[size=medium]We'd better hope President Trump keeps his promise.[/size]
[size=medium][size=medium][font=Georgia,][size=small]“I’m not going to cut Social Security like every other Republican and I’m not going to cut Medicare or Medicaid.”[/font][/size][/size][/size]

hookup

It's proposed. I wouldn't worry until its final & signed by all

Hawnjigs

KISS
The more life experience I get under my belt, the more the wisdom of sayings is evident. "nip it in the bud" and "an ounce of prevention..." come to mind.

I've already signed 2 petitions both with over 100,000 sigs protesting Medicare cuts.

The heads up is that 219 Republicans ALREADY VOTED to approve, and 206 dissented including all Democrats and 18 Republicans.

Stay tuned to our Republican lawmakers and Fox News explaining how getting thrown under the bus won't hurt.

Hawnjigs

KISS
The senate just passed their version of the budget proposal, with 51 Republican yes votes and 48 Democrats + Rand Paul dissenting.
Altho similar to the House version it appears to cut 470 BILLION $ from Medicare, the chairman of the Budget Committee, Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo has rebutted such claims as being false accusations. "Let me be clear: The budget we have put forward does not cut Medicare."

?????

Hawnjigs

KISS
Quote Sherlock Holmes:
“There’s nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”

From the middle, I'm appalled that laws are being crafted with words like "RIGHT TO WORK", "REFORM", and "Health CARE" to disguise the actual intent to make the rich richer.  What does it take for FACTS to matter?

Back