having issues getting certain powder paints to move

luredervs

hi , i'm using Pro-Tec powder paint in 7 fluid beds i made but the only colors that are giving me the fluid effect are neon pink and orane flame ...the green chartreuse is volcanoing around the edges but thats it ... white . brown , yellow chartreuse, and black arent doing anything ... the pump i am using is meant for a 20-40 gallon tank and i am using paper bag for my filters ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , Thanks in advance

Gill Fisher

Do you have the same amount of paint in each bed? I put 2 1/2 tablespoons in each bed. I bought a set of plastic measuring spoons at Dollar General for less than a dollar and they stay with my painting stuff. If you aren’t already measuring how much paint you put in each bed, that’s probably your problem.

luredervs

i will try that now . I took some out last night but it might still be more then 2 1/2 teaspoons .. I will give that a try ... Thanks for the info

duffy

tried but no luck
Are you using different beds for different colors or just one bed for all of them? I had some problems with certain areas of the bag I was using. It was like the pores were plugged up in some areas. I switched to using HD vacuum cleaner bags and it made a big difference. Could use allot less psi/volume.

luredervs

yes I'm using 7 different beds , I will take the powder out of the one that is working and put in the powder from one of the ones not working and see what happens ... thanks for your info

Bigjim

hi , i'm using Pro-Tec powder paint in 7 fluid beds i made but the only colors that are giving me the fluid effect are neon pink and orane flame ...the green chartreuse is volcanoing around the edges but thats it ... white . brown , yellow chartreuse, and black arent doing anything ... the pump i am using is meant for a 20-40 gallon tank and i am using paper bag for my filters ... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated , Thanks in advance
We gave up on the fluid beds. Easier to stir it once in a while. But we got our paint years ago when it came in a wide mouth jar. Replaced the white and it came in a tall container. In 2001 we bought every color they had right from them, now they have several more colors but I am not sure they are for fish or just us fisherman. Using different combos we have 57 variations on our jig color selection.

Back