hair brain idea?

HairyMooseKnuckles

I've been reading as much as I can on powder paint. from what I read, when you mix colors they may not fully incorporated. Would adding colors to a coffee grinder and whirling incorporate the colors better?

Pup

If by incorporate you mean mix to form an absolutely uniform color, my answer is no. You'll just make a big powdery mess imo.

Think of viewing a powder paint mixture as you would a computer monitor. Thousands of tiny little colored dots called pixels make up the computer screen. When viewed at a normal distance, the dots form regular, uniform images. View a powder paint mixture on a jig head at a distance and it, too, will appear fairly uniform.

I mix my powder paint in a 6-oz. glass bowl very thoroughly with a toothpick and cover it with a plastic lid for storage. It's ready to use the next time I need it with a quick shake and a stir.

goodtimesfishing

Pup said:
If by incorporate you mean mix to form an absolutely uniform color, my answer is no. You'll just make a big powdery mess imo.

Think of viewing a powder paint mixture as you would a computer monitor. Thousands of tiny little colored dots called pixels make up the computer screen. When viewed at a normal distance, the dots form regular, uniform images. View a powder paint mixture on a jig head at a distance and it, too, will appear fairly uniform.

I mix my powder paint in a 6-oz. glass bowl very thoroughly with a toothpick and cover it with a plastic lid for storage. It's ready to use the next time I need it with a quick shake and a stir.

Pup that is a good analogy.

Pepop

MAN! There is SO much knowledge on this site! And not just knowledge but COMMON SENCE!! I love this place!

Back