Grill fish recipes?

Lost Pole

Me n Pistol gota couple goodns yesterday mixed in with the regulars. I usually do the same thing with the bigguns, blacken n go the taco route, and deep fry the rest.
I'd like to try something new and open to any "spicy" suggestions.

View attachment 6

I'm a horrible cook and leave much to be desired on the grill....……
But I can follow directions

Thx, Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425948472.772769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425948472.772769.jpg
    378.5 KB · Views: 62

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I do thicker fillets (usually walleye) on the grill for myself..... but no one else eats it in my house for various reasons. Too spicy, too fishy or funny texture, they usually have their own food i cook on the grill so i let them be and cook it for myself. If anyone else outside my loverly wife and kids eats this fish..... they usually say they love it. Pretty simple too.

Ingredients:
- Flaming hot grill
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Butter
- Cracked pepper
- Tony's Creole seasoning
- Couple of lemons (fake stuff in the squeeze bottle works, but not as good)

Step 1, Cut foil sheet to fit grill (or fillets) and turn up the edges like a make shift baking pan
Step 2, Spread a layer of butter on top side of foil (not on bottom ;) )
Step 3, Rub the fillets with a little xtra butter and put them on the foil pan (need a regular baking pan to support the foil and get it out to the grill)
Step 4, Season fillets with cracked pepper, Tony's and LOTS of squeezed lemon juice dribbled on top
-------- If you want them spicy, add more cracked pepper and Tony's
Step 5, Light the grill and wait till it is HOT
Step 6, Drink a beer (if charcoal, it requires at least 2 - grandfather used to say that it took 2 martinis to get the grill hot. :) )
Step 7, Put the whole foil pan on the grill and cook them till the fillets flake

Radtexan

See thread below yours ;). You Cajuns have some nice flavor, but the Thai have it going on too. Sweet and hot. !! Firecracker crappie is the new thing.

Lost Pole

AtticaFish said:
I do thicker fillets (usually walleye) on the grill for myself..... but no one else eats it in my house for various reasons. Too spicy, too fishy or funny texture, they usually have their own food i cook on the grill so i let them be and cook it for myself. If anyone else outside my loverly wife and kids eats this fish..... they usually say they love it. Pretty simple too.

Ingredients:
- Flaming hot grill
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
- Butter
- Cracked pepper
- Tony's Creole seasoning
- Couple of lemons (fake stuff in the squeeze bottle works, but not as good)

Step 1, Cut foil sheet to fit grill (or fillets) and turn up the edges like a make shift baking pan
Step 2, Spread a layer of butter on top side of foil (not on bottom ;) )
Step 3, Rub the fillets with a little xtra butter and put them on the foil pan (need a regular baking pan to support the foil and get it out to the grill)
Step 4, Season fillets with cracked pepper, Tony's and LOTS of squeezed lemon juice dribbled on top
-------- If you want them spicy, add more cracked pepper and Tony's
Step 5, Light the grill and wait till it is HOT
Step 6, Drink a beer (if charcoal, it requires at least 2 - grandfather used to say that it took 2 martinis to get the grill hot. :) )
Step 7, Put the whole foil pan on the grill and cook them till the fillets flake

We think alike. That's a regular with our redfish on the half shell. Can't go wrong with Tonys on anything in my book. Shamefully, I overheat the grill, tending to the beer.
Yeh, you definitely need to ride down

Lost Pole

Radtexan said:
See thread below yours ;). You Cajuns have some nice flavor, but the Thai have it going on too. Sweet and hot. !! Firecracker crappie is the new thing.

I'll give it a look see. I'm all about some spiriachi chile or howmever ya spell it but I can't get into them teriyaki things

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wife and daughter will eat a version of this done to their specific liking. But it has to be bluegill or yellow perch. And it has to be seasoned with paprika, onion, salt, oregano, pepper. And not too much pepper. And not too much lemon. And have crispy edges. And................. :rolleyes:

Kdog

Last fall I smoked a handful of Crappie for a buddy. I was actually doing Walleye and he brought me half dozen Crappie Scaled and gutted. I was smoking using applewood and hickory. The crappie turned out very good. Really it was hard to choose between the two. They were different but both were great eating.

As far as grilling I've grilled most varieties at one time or another and prefer the indirect method and always use skin on fillets or even whole fish. Salt, Pepper, Lemon Pepper, Lemon slices and dill weed are frequent additions. If you wanna make the foil packages, Butter and lemon and either dill or rosemary add interesting tones to the flavor.

hookup

First, when fillet, keep the skin on.

Marinate in soy, teriaki, shirasa (rooster sauce), worchestershire (sp?), garlic, onion, and ginger. In a pinch, I'll used powdered garlic, onion, & ginger but if you feel energetic, get fresh, then chop up very fine in a food processor.

Marinate for atleast 4 hours.

If you have a smoker, smoke them with your fav fruit wood at about 190dF for an hour or two (I use thicker salmon filets so two hours does it). Mop with apple juice every 1/2 hour.

If you dont have a smoker, soak wood chips for 1/2 hour, then wrap in alum foil pillows. Puncture holes in pillows to allow smoker to escape. Normally, grills have muliple burners, so on one side put the foil pillows on top of the flame. On the other side, what I call the cold side, of the grill add the fillets. This will turn your grill into a smoker.

Enjoy.

Back