Great Deal on Ebay

papaperch

:D Have had my eye on these for quite awhile but the 999.00 price tag caused me to hesitate quite a bit. Well Hummingbird put them on Legacy Product. Seller on ebay started dumping his stock. I resisted until last one was left and price fell to 569.00.

Came on the big brown christmas sled today (UPS ) and of course I just had to put it together.

http://store.humminbird.com/products/604390/ICE_55385ci_Combo

Can't wait to use my lakemaster chip in it for the ice season.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! Now you have no excuse at all to ever come home empty handed. Right? :p The GPS would be worth it to be able to mark some of my spots (that i find during the summer also) and go right back to with out the searching and test holes, but doubt any of the little lakes i fish would be in the contour maps.

Something in the description has me scratching my head......

The included ice transducers let you fish two holes simultaneously.

How can that work if it only has one flasher screen?

papaperch

The 385CI has its own transducer as well as the ice55. Since they operate on two different frequencies you could use both at once.

Would be ideal between two fishermen as one FF faces one way on mount and the other faces the other way. Just easier than carrying a gps unit and a flasher. I tried just using a graph with /gps on a Humminbird matrix 97. It worked good but I just missed my flasher set up. After using a flasher so many years it is just too engrained in me.

Lots of the younger guys are starting to prefer the more modern graphs now. Even some of the older guys are switching to that Lowrance ICE ELITE 5.

Hope that explains it a little better Russ.

Back