Grandpa Bob anybody get there order?

justcameslabdaddy

Order from bob I saw on here that he was taking so long so I did what Pepop said and call him after 5:00 Monday. Now how long before you get your order he told me he would get it off Tuesday and send me tracking # nothing anybody know?

Kdog

I got one in as well, his prices are just too good to pass up. My guess is it will take him a couple days after he tells you to get it shipped. I will be calling him tonight as well.

Bob has started casting jigs with a Centrifugal Casting‎ machine and is waaaay behind mostly due to cold weather and working in an unheated building.

I think he needs to make a decision about what direction his business is heading. Too many irons in the fire so to speak. But I still love his prices even though getting an order shipped in a timely fashion seems to be a fantasy!

justcameslabdaddy

I just got off the phone with him Kdog you right just went out today. Yep he got good prices but a guy pay for shipping so timely fashion means a lot! Boy that casting most means a lot to him I am sure he is have a lot of pople go to other for better service.

crappiecripplerjigs

I ordered on the 28th of January. Emailed him on Feb. 4th. He called me that night and was very courteous, explained his situation with the casting, chenille lady ill, new materials coming later, new website coming, etc... Told me order would ship by the 6th. Emailed him again on Feb 11th. No answer. Today is 18 days and still waiting. He's a nice fella but don't promise shipments when you're not going to ship. It's very frustrating. $105 is a wad of money to me and I shouldn't have to beg for items.

Kdog

My Current Order is mostly a resupply, hooks, chenille, thread, etc... Talked to Bob last night and he said it would ship today but I am thinking Monday. Yes I have heard all his explanations, but Business is Business and yes, I realize this is his evenings hobby and therein lies the problem. He has gotten too big and has too many interests and something has got to give and unfortunately I think I know what that is going to be.

OTOH price shopping my order with other vendors
Grandpas = 107.54 with shipping
Vendor A = 174.88 with shipping and handling (do not know why I have to pay extra for them to pull and pack the order)
Vendor B = 194.56 with shipping
Vendor C = 226.88 with in store pick up or 17.99 shipping.

The numbers are obvious and the decision is simple to make just got to plan ahead and maintain an inventory and order before running out. I am not a vendor but do make a lot of jigs and cranks for friends and friends of friends. Since May of last year, 18,000 jigs, 325 cranks. I pass the costs straight to my friends and basically pay for my fishing and equipment with their generosity. But, if my costs were doubled, many of those guys would be going elsewhere to spend their $. Bad for me, good for the bait shops....

Yes, I like GPB but am with a lot of others and know if I need it right away, I better go elsewhere. A few weeks ago talked to a buddy that makes 500 or so very custom jigs every year and he ordered all his materials from Do-It. My Jaw hit the floor when he told me the costs and I told him he was wasting his money. He said he never has a problem with them and always gets his materials. Last night he called needing some items that were on backorder... I had plenty in my stash and he is back in business.
In the last year I have ordered placed 50 some odd orders and less than half were shipped complete and only 1 did I have to call to get materials that were never received. Sure, some items arrived 6-8 weeks late so this is not just Bob, You get what you pay for and when looking for bargains, you get a lot of bitter before the sweet.

tf9444

I recieved an order today that was placed 1/18/14.
I had tried to contact him several times with no response and began to think,lesson learned-never again!!
Well,maybe I'll order more kip tails,they are some of the best I've seen,just can't be in a hurry.
If you want it quick go with Crazy Angler,great people to work with.

tf9444

Just recieved 3 kip tails from above mentioned source,NICE tail, good length hair,min. waste.
Escessive waste would be 2"-4" of dark or discolored hair @ the base of the tail.
Quick delivery and reasonable shipping.
Thanks for the tip!!

Back