Gramps Jigs - Pink Icy

redman

Like the buggy body. The flash is one I like to tie on my spring jigs. I call it Slater style after the famous Slater jigs from southern Louisiana. The flash is just what is needed to trigger a strike at times.

Redman

hookup

I would tie the same jig but with the silicon strips on the other side

Because the jig would be flipped over when tied and fished because typically, I'm a bottom bouncer for bass and the silicon 'hairs' will float up causing more action for the fish to see

Fish them both & see what's the most productive.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice! The shag dub (or whatever it is) does make a nice body. Looks like the barb is mashed down, or maybe it is just the picture angle.... are these targeted at trout?

GrampsJigs

Thanks everyone for the very nice comments about the "Pink Icy". They are a simple and easy tie. Simple and effective is good with me!

Hookup - Point well taken. I will do some the other way, too. Might be interesting to compare results.

AtticaFish - The body material is "Ice Dubbing" that is looped dubbed on to make a buggy body. I did mash the barb down on this particular one for no reason. Comes from my fly tying background, I guess. I fish them for Trout, Bass, Panfish, Ice Fishing, whatever.............. You can imagine the color combinations that could be used, so it is really up to whatever trips the trigger on the fish!

AllenOK

Pink is a go-to color for Crappie on one of my home lakes. I could see that jig getting inhaled over and over again.

GrampsJigs

Pup said:
Toss that in front of a steelhead or rainbow trout and see it disappear. ;)

Pup - Indeed, I agree with you. Rainbow Trout have zeroed in on this color at certain times of the year. I think Steelhead would too, however, I am a long way away from Steelhead water and I ain't getting any younger!:rolleyes:

Back