Good stuff!

quivira kid

Found a sweet color combo the crappie around here can't turn down. Sapphire head, Crazy Angler's "KS Slabs" chenille body, and chartreuse marabou tail. I finally got the camera out and got a pic of me holding up a few!

SU1HXzAyNzdlZGl0LmpwZw.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Great job - looks tasty. :D That color combo sounds interesting as well, hope the pattern holds up... it is always cool to find a color the fish jump all over!!! Have you posted a pic of the jig on here before?

This weekend will be my 1st fishing of the year where i don't have to cut a hole to get to the water... hope i find some of those myself. :)

quivira kid

Hope this shot is good enough! I only had 1 of the color combo my first day out, so I whipped up a couple real quick after work yesterday before I went. All I had was Junebug heads painted, so that's what this pic is.

SU1HXzAyNjNlZGl0LmpwZw.jpg

quivira kid

Oh, here's an "after" shot! ;) Fresh crappie NEVER gets old.

SU1HMDE5MjIuanBn.jpg

Went out with a buddy tonight and fly fished for rainbows... Pounded 'em on flies I tie for bluegills. Gotta love it!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
quivira kid said:
Hope this shot is good enough!

HA!!! - How much better a pic can you get than THAT!!!!!! :cool: Sure beats the close-up high def pics of the jig when there is a fish stuck on the hook.

Now talk of bows on your FR..... you are giving me a real headache trying to figure out what/where i want to go this weekend!!!!!!! :dodgy:

quivira kid

Haha glad ya like it. I'm working on getting some shots of my jigs in fish mouths. I just started selling jigs and need some advertising pics. Nothin better than seeing them hanging out of a fish!

JUNGLEJIM1

Congrats,I'm jealous.That KANSAS SLAB chenille works really well on cloudy days for me. Hit 78 here today but I can't get out until these meds start working right. Every time I stand up I feel dizzy and lightheaded. I'm stocking a big box of jigs right now.Hopefully I'll get to use them soon. I love friend crappie and those fillets look great,too bad I have to avoid fried foods right now.

moswampy

Quivira nice colors on that jig. I ordered three bags of Kansas Slabs from CAT a couple week ago. for the water colors we have around it should be unreal.

Jim you can have fried fish just have to do it different. cornmeal coated, brush oil lighly on a baking pan with sides and place your fish on the pan. 425 for around 12-15 min will work well. If you want both sides crispy flip at the 6 min mark. We cook about 30 fillets on a pan with 2 TBSP of oil brush on. Beware of the spice you use though. Since you are not dousing your fish into oil all the pepper stay on and blooms at that heat. I like the heat, the kids do not.

Back