Good day!

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Got out and had some fun! Lots of fish and they were cooperative today... was having too much fun and got back a few minutes late. :blush:

I tried crawling some darker colored 'creature' stlye flies at first in a deeper slow pool, but the fish were busting minnows near the drop at the bottom of the rifles. I caught 2 with the darker fly then switched up to a black/silver/white rabbit minnow and it was game on!!! There were some dinks mixed in but ended the day on a nice one.

101_1711_e-600x450.jpg
101_1713_e-600x450.jpg

101_1714_e-600x450.jpg
101_1715_e-600x450.jpg

101_1716_e-600x450.jpg
101_1717_e-600x450.jpg

101_1718_e-600x450.jpg
101_1719_e-600x450.jpg

JUNGLEJIM1

Lots of action in a short time,that's fantastic.You caught more smallies in an hour than what I have all year. My favorite smallie streams were overun with spotted bass some years back and now outnumber the smallies over 20-1. I hope you never see one in that stream.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Wow what a difference a day makes! I went out yesterday hoping for another day with lots of action. Parked at same area, but walked up stream this time instead. The fish were just simply turned off... someone flipped a switch! The temperature was 15 degs. cooler than the previous day and it was a clear blue sky. Saw no fish activity at all and could not get any strikes on my white minnow. Switched up to a weighted black fly and at least did not get :skunked: but no bass for the day. Still better than playing hearts and eating a cold cut sandwich in front of my computer. :)

101_1723_e.jpg

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
ScottV - Not sure i would ever eat fish from this river... Several cities up stream use it as their treated water outflow, but many have overflows of the 'raw' stuff when we get extreme high water. No telling how many farms along it as well. I think my regulation book says one meal a month for catfish out of the river but i will pass and get my cats out of the much cleaner upground reservoirs! I love smoked catfish!!!!!

Hawn - All the places within reach on my lunch break are pretty easily accessable to anyone. I did walk several miles down the river to an area with no roads that come near the river on a day off once. I was looking for a large deep hole i had been told about, but never did find it. I have fished a few times right in downtown surrounded by the flood walls where very few people actually get down in the river and fish. I've always done better in my well known 'regular' areas just because i know exactly where the good holes are and don't end up walking through the middle of them. Have fished this river for close to 15 years now!

Back