Glider Jig

Hawnjigs

KISS
Looking at the pic, it appears a willow blade is integral with the head ie: a mold was custom designed with the blade as a pour insert.

QPassage

Here I use a JB Weld epoxy.  This might actually work testing will tell the tale.  

20160406_1635501.jpg

Glide2.jpg

Glide3.jpg

And this is the plastic I intend to test these with next week.

Bucho

Looks fragile either way. How about molding in a screw, fix the blade with a nut and then cut of? Would allow the tying to be done before the blade is screwed on.

Fatman

If and I say with a BIG IF!!  you could figure out a way to mod your mold and that's a big if due to the size of the blade your talking, or make a silicone mold and try and figure out the angle of the blade slant and have a few small holes in the blade so that when you pour the bottom curve of the arky head is on the back side of the blade and the lead holds the blade tight. 

The problem would be changing the pour hole so the lead would fill the head cavity.  I know the picture looks dumb but it kind of conveys what I mean

Fatman

If and I say with a BIG IF!!  you could figure out a way to mod your mold and that's a big if due to the size of the blade your talking, or make a silicone mold and try and figure out the angle of the blade slant (In Yellow) and have a few small holes in the blade (black marks) so that when you pour the bottom curve of the arky head is on the back side of the blade and the lead holds the blade tight. 

The problem would be changing the pour hole so the lead would fill the head cavity.  I know the picture looks dumb but it conveys what I mean

QPassage

Fatman said:
If and I say with a BIG IF!!  you could figure out a way to mod your mold and that's a big if due to the size of the blade your talking, or make a silicone mold and try and figure out the angle of the blade slant (In Yellow) and have a few small holes in the blade (black marks) so that when you pour the bottom curve of the arky head is on the back side of the blade and the lead holds the blade tight. 

The problem would be changing the pour hole so the lead would fill the head cavity.  I know the picture looks dumb but it conveys what I mean

Agreed.  I'm going to try these for red fish later this week and if they get hit I'll probably have a buddy of mine cut me a mold.  Possibly making a bend with a pin in it I'm thinking.  I want to use the willow or the Olympic willow blades as I stock those for other baits I make.

Bucho

Any results yet? Watching this video, I was thinking "the first guy who fished this might have drilled a hole into a split shot, threaded it on a 30° jig hook and squeezed that onto a blade..."  Just found a guy who sells do-it mold made split shots on ebay, testing will tell. :-/

QPassage

Defiantly needs some work. If the blade is off center any at all it made the jig lean and fall off to the side. I never got to try in Red Fishing we were having to much fun catching them on shrimp. Later this summer when I have time maybe I can play with it some more.

Back