Getting Ready for Ice

SaltyBuckster

Been looking in coffee cans,boxes anything that could hold something that was packed away.Found these in a Crystal Light can.Range from 1/16 to 1/4 oz.Getting cold and a can of water on the picnic table stays frozen pretty much all day.

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00026.JPG
    DSC00026.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 77

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Never tried those myself through the ice but look like good colors.

There seems to be 2 distinct strategies for ice fisherman.....
Go big, flashy and aggressive - OR - go tiny and finesse. I end up starting out tiny and work up if i don't get many bites or am seeing fish but can't keep their interest. Other start big and flashy and work their way down. I would consider those swim jigs more agressive fishing. That is just the way i do it though - probably not even worth 2 cents - maybe i owe someone 2 cents. :p

quivira kid

Salty, those look good. You don't know how they'll do until you try em out!

Attica, Custom Jigs and Spins "Diamond Jig" size 12, pink or froggie, tipped with either two maggots or a Little Atom "Nuggie". That's about all ya need to know. :) just teasing....but seriously.

Lost Pole

Dunno bout ice, but id fish em. If I knew how to.

You have secret stashes hidden from yourself from the move? Ha!
The only time I find stashes, they usually have to be hidden, so I hide en again and they're lost til their next discovery.

Jig & Heath,
If y'all like Crown, you'll really like this'n. Next time you're at you're local get it place, grab a some grape Mad Dog 20/20. It reeeeeaaaally goes down extra smoooooth.

Jiggin Joe

I love using thst style threw the ice! its -5 here today so should'nt be long before i get to using these

jigspoons.jpg

StumpHunter

Those are all nice. I need to try a few like the ones you have Joe. In Jan - Feb the white perch schools on the bottom of our lakes but I have not found a good color spoon to catch them. I ordered some from netcraft to try this winter so I'll have to see how well they work. Do you have a web site, if so send it to me through PM

Back