Gel nail polish

hookup

All the ladies at work are raving over the new gel nail polish

Expensive stuff

Lasts forever, doesn't chip, durable ...

Since I've used allot of nail polish in the past has any one tried it to paint jigs?

Fished with it for durability?

Hawnjigs

KISS
"Since I've used allot of nail polish in the past"

Uh huh.....What salon do you work at ?

I've noticed that NP strength is a function of thickness, so maybe the gel just goes on thicker? Our dearly departed Ozzer "Bombora" used to post pics of big NP blobs over his thread wraps, so I started really liking old thick stuff I used to throw out. Applied on the wrap in a rotating vise to spread the goo evenly, only need a single coat for solid.

hookup

One of my mentors used nail polish exclusively

He would let a new bottle sit open for 20 min to get it thick enough

This stuff's different (according to all the ladies I talk too)

duffy

Wonder if it's just got more celluloid in it. I have some Sally's that's called No Chip and it's twice as thick as the regular hard as nails. Haven't really checked it for extreme durability though. The bottle of Instant Dry is slightly thinner and it does dry very quickly. I did see some Gel stuff on the shelf but thought it was just a marketing ploy.

JUNGLEJIM1

I mainly use nail polish to protect thread heads on some jigs and some 3-d eyes after I super glue them in place. I like to add fine glitters designed for nail polish into powder paint and nail polish for a scale effect and I'm really impressed with one in particular called Liquid Diamonds Chameleon Sparkle as well as a few other colors. Check out www.pickapolish.com Pricey but it mixes well with clear powder paint which I use as an overcoat. Jigs shine with a scaley look. I just ordered four more colors today off ebay.

Hawnjigs

KISS
I use thickened Sally No Chip and cheap California Colors for clear thread wrap single coat.  Both dry crystal clear and I don't notice any difference in durability.

Since I don't powder paint, I've used a Sally color base coat with a Sally Diamonds sparkle top on jig heads.  Purty, but not very durable.

Back