Furs and Feathers

Fatman

The only thing I would make sure to do with the dried stuff is keep it separate from your other tying materials for a while. One little bug can wipe you out. I have a batch of stuff from swap box's and trades that are ready to come out of my quarantine box. They'll get fresh zip bags, and a piece of activated flea collar in with them.

Tommorrow the full turkey tail and matched set of wings come out of the borax box. I use the pump for filling air matress's and blow all the borax off and get em in the big Ziplock bags - then a plastic coat hanger through the carry handle and it will hang on the bar in my closet.

BucktailJiger

Shouldn't have any problems with the stuff you get from Ken . Been dealing with them for a long time .

StumpHunter

Fatman said:
The only thing I would make sure to do with the dried stuff is keep it separate from your other tying materials for a while. One little bug can wipe you out. I have a batch of stuff from swap box's and trades that are ready to come out of my quarantine box. They'll get fresh zip bags, and a piece of activated flea collar in with them.

Tommorrow the full turkey tail and matched set of wings come out of the borax box. I use the pump for filling air matress's and blow all the borax off and get em in the big Ziplock bags - then a plastic coat hanger through the carry handle and it will hang on the bar in my closet.

Good info Doug for how to handle the furs and feathers. I opened the box outside, cleaned and bagged it before bringing it inside. With the salt that was on those skins I don't see how anything could live through it but! I don't take chances around my tying materials either.

Back