This morning's catch.
62ef191b-0ce4-effc.jpg

Seasoned up and ready for the grill.
62ef191b-0d1d-b4fe.jpg

Seven minutes later, they're ready.
62ef191b-0d3f-21c1.jpg

Man, they were good.

Radtexan

Dont get any better than that !!! Great looking meal Scott...as much I like like my ribeye's I still say a grilled fish is as good...

I see you didnt get a longer Ironing board yet ;)

ScottV

The smoked filets are a healthy alternative to fried fish. I still have to have my fried crappie and hushpuppies every now and then.
The ol' ironing board makes a good cleaning table but it's not quite big enough to hold more than 25 or so without stacking them. Lol I've been doing pretty good the past couple of weeks. These came off of stumps along a creek channel in the upper end of Okatibbee Reservoir. Most of the females have already laid their eggs and they will hold along the stumps until they go into their summer pattern of following the schools of shad. I've got most of the bigger stumps marked on my GPS so I can just go from one to the next one.

Jig Man

I guess my invitation got lost somewhere.... But those sure do look good!! Lemon pepper I'm assuming?

ScottV

I saved you a bite Mel. Lol

I used some Citrus Seafood Seasoning by Weber on them. Normally I use lemon pepper but my wife found this stuff somewhere and wanted me to try it. I like the lemon pepper better.

StumpHunter

Wow those look good..... I bake most of my fish now but like you I do enjoy fried every so often. Great job on the catch to the table!:)

blt

I'd love to dive into a plate of that! I actually had my first taste of Crappie last week. Guy at work brought some in. VERY good. His choice of breading was a little suspect, but the fish was great. Found a place to go catch them now also that is close, so they may be on the menu at my house soon lol.

Hawnjigs

KISS
Geez, I thought I was the only almost virgin crappie eater on the forum. I agree, VERY good. You guys & gals that have them available, especially like those ironing board slabs, are lucky indeed.

Back