Fried Pies...jjsjigs this is for you!

hhawkins

Fried pie have been around since I can remember. My grandma Hawkins (rest her soul) use to make fried pies with any fruit filling, of course at the time she made her own pie fillings. So here is the easy way.....

FRIED PIES
1 can of regular biscuit dough (not flaky or layered)
1 cup of cooking oil (Canola)
1 (20 oz ) can of fruit pie filling

Remove biscuits from can and let get room temperature. On a floured broad, roll out biscuits, one at a time to 5 inches in diameter. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of pie filling on center of biscuits. Fold dough over to form 1/2 circle, press edges together with a floured fork. Pour cooking oil in skillet, over a medium/hi heat. Carefully place 2 pies, at a time, in skillet and let fry until edges are light brown. Carefully turn pies over with spatula and brown the second side. Drain on paper towels and cool. YUMMY!

jjsjigs

Banned
Good God. They sound like the old pies McDonalds used to deep fry. Remember those? YUM! Thank you for sharing the recipe. My kids aka "the minions" are home today with a 'snow day' from school. I need to feed them... Hmmm, I have a can of Comstock cherries in the pantry. I wonder if fried pies would be good for breakfast? What am I thinking? Of course they would!!!

Back