Friday night entertainment

JUNGLEJIM1

That redear is "HUGE". I want one of those pigs. Plan on doing a Havasu trip in 2015. I believe he released it so it's still growing.

LedHed

Sponsor
That's spooky......

JJ - they don't release 2 or 3 lb fish...... if you do , you don't eat. They pack up like Dorados - nothing to see a couple of big fish swimming with your hooked fish - in the crystal clear water.

AllenOK

I've been seeing some of the pics of the fish being caught out of Lake Havasu in the past few years. I need a really big bowl under my chin to catch all the drool.....

I need to put a trip to Lake Havasu on my Bucket List......

LedHed

Sponsor
Put it on the top Allen.

I think you have a better chance at catching 3lb Redear at Havasu then you have at catching a 3lb BG Richmond pond. And the Northern & Hybrid Bluegill aren't minnows......

Be a great place for a Jigcraft rendezvous. Think Havasu Springs would be good, I haven't been there (yet). Buddy Keith says it's a great place.

AllenOK

I don't have a Bucket List, yet. Still kind of young for that; I'm only 41. I do have a few fishing goals that I would like to accomplish. A 5 lbs Redear is on that list, preferably on my 4wt. So is a 10 lbs or better Striper on my 8wt. A 20 lbs Flathead Cat would be nice as well.

I could do the last two at my favorite wade-fishing hole. AND, I could do it with jigs. I've seen a guy pull out a 30- and a 17-lbs Flathead out of there on 1/2 oz ball jigs, painted chartreuse, with a chartreuse grub.

Zebra Mussels are starting to get bad in that same hole. I can't remember if I've caught a Redear Sunnie there or not. Longears, Greenies, and Bluegills, yes. Zebes are becoming established in most of the bigger lakes as well. Those should have Redears in them. Who knows? 5 - 10 years from now, there we may start seeing some BIG Redears here in Okieland......

moswampy

Zac when I through with all this schooling stuff I will need a graduation fishing trip. I figure 2 days driving each way and 3-4 days fishing might be perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back