Fresh Salsa Time

Hawnjigs

KISS
With first frost possible first week of Sept here in Nebraska, time to bottle & freeze.  Tomatoes & jalapenos are ripe & ready, young green onions are sprouting.  Chop em all up, garlic from a press, bit of salt to taste, voila !   Since markets have cilantro available year round, I'll add that ingredient when serving.  I like fresh raw taste way better than the cooked vinegary bottled stuff.

hookup

I have no talent growing anything

Luv salsa - we have some locals who farm & make it. Bit more $$'s than the store bought preservatives but well worth it in flavor

Like the lady in the commercial says "I put that shit on everything"

Hawnjigs

KISS
Six recycled commercial salsa jars refilled with homemade in the freezer, & first frost held off till last nite so harvested the modest garden yesterday. Found some local organic garlic at the farmers' market last week, and surprised it tastes noticeably better than store bought & worth the much higher price.

Apparently much of "our" store bought garlic may come from China, and the current administration rescinding country of origin labeling requirements make it difficult to distinguish from USA grown, if any still exists.

Kim chi makers like myself know that genuine Korean grown hot peppers have superior flavor, & I've read Amazon feedback complaints that "Product of Korea" voluntary labeling can actually denote grown in China and packed in Korea.

Back