Freaky feathers

toadfrog

I spent my week end cutting wood and butchering chickens. so I thought I would show you some turken/nakedneck feathers as well as wild turkey feathers. I saved them back never know might just use them. Don't know if the oics will show what they look like. But the rooster tail feathers are auburn red black with a turquose green funning down the quill. I put up a pic of the chicken.

Attachments

• chicken feathers 001.jpg
    chicken feathers 001.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 93
  • chicken feathers 002.jpg
    chicken feathers 002.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 91

toadfrog

Ron Don said:
Like those rooster feathers... Looks like a big bird!
The older they get the bigger up to 6-9 lbs. average If you want some of those tail feathers I'll send you some in an evelope to play around with . It will be about a weak cause the hides are curing. would'nt want to send something stinky and have my ears burned off when your wife sniffed them out.

ScottV

He wouldn't have been just standing there if he had known what was in store for him. LOL Good looking feathers.

toadfrog

Keep you in mind when the hides cure out. You can get more than you think in a regular invelope. What most people don't know is put a bunch in a baggie and squish out the air. feathers go flat then when the bag is opened they poof back.

Pup

Do I see some beautiful Schlappen there? Could tie some interesting smallmouth bass jigs with the Schlappen feathers. ;)

Very nice pictures of feathers and bird Toadfrog. :)

toadfrog

Maybe Ican get you guys fixed up with some feathers soon. I butchered 6 bigger than the one in the pic. No charge

Lost Pole

I snatched some similiar to those from a pen at a job site. Fellas gots to doswhats a fellas gots to do. I've got some *close to* mylar hairs I've pulled from my beard that I can exchange?!

Looking forward to seeing pics of 'em in a replication form.

Adam

Back